Barao ain't getting a rematch, Assuncao is next

Timurd123

Andy Hug Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Let's be honest here, there aren't many contenders at 135
Assuncao already has a win over TJ and is 100% next in line, the biggest fight in the div is obvsiously the Barao rematch (Cruz is still out) so there's no reason for the UFC not to let Barao get a spectacular win while TJ and Assuncao have their rematch
Plus Dana doesn't like giving immidate rematches when the fight is so one sided.

Thoughts ?

I hope tj beats assuncao more dominantly this time. I really feel like he beat him the first time but it wasn't enough.

Barao lost too badly to have a rematch. But one good win could see him right back in there.

I thought Raphael won a close fight, could've gone either way tho but I felt while TJ landed with more volume , Raphael won more exchanges and landed the better shots, the grappling was very even
Both have improved since the first fight

Giving Barao a rematch is just stupid, they wont go for that. I hope TJ crushes Assuncao and eventually faces Barao again to crush him.

Barao is pining for the rematch, if he was considered a p4p ranked fighter, then why wouldn't he get Anderson Silva treatment? He's said he has much more to his game than he showed. If this is what he wants, they should book it. We may be interested in an Assuncao fight, but he's not better than Barao, be real.

I think if Caceres beats Faber, he's next in line - TJ will avenge his sensei.

TJ doesn't deserve to rematch with Assuncao
needs to defend his belt a few more times before he gets to fight Assuncao

Sounds good TJ is a different beast since then. Barao work on those skills not your emotions. :icon_lol:

Hahaha....Caceres beating Faber is funny. I don't see that ever happening.

A lot of people didn't see Dillashaw beating Barao either. Faber still hasn't lost a non title fight yet though.

Dillashaw/Assuncao II is the fight that SHOULD be made and I hope it happens.

more interested in Faber/Dillashaw.

don't know why.

Back