Bando

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Cardio, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Cardio

Cardio Blue Belt

Yall know anything bout Bando?

There's this big Muay Thai versus Bando tournament in the U.S. What's up with that?

2. Gregster

Gregster Black Belt

I understand it's a Burmese art to some extent related to or influenced by Muay Thai, with more weapons training thrown in with the enpty-handed component.

3. Evil Eye Gouger

Evil Eye Gouger Gold Belt

AFAIK, it's the Burmese own art very similar to Muay Thai.

The Thai and the Burmese have a bit of a rivalry over whose fighters are tougher/better.

4. Chthon

Chthon Silver Belt

I've spoken with this chick out in the midwest that trained in Bando for two years, culminating in a tourney she took on one day's notice. She actually won one of her fights, even though she wasn't prepared and hadn't been training as long as her opponents.

Anyway, it's extremely similar to muay Thai. One thing I noticed is that they often don't wear any protection save a mouthpeice and cup (for the guys).

5. blanko

blanko Guest

imagine old school muy thai with head butts and sticking on the ground and you have bando.

6. Hammer Time

Hammer Time Brown Belt

Muay thai are themaster of the knees and Bando are experts on elbow strikes and clinch tech. I think cro cops original trainer had Bando background/influence

7. sha

sha Geekjitsu Black Belt

8. AutoFire

AutoFire Yellow Belt

You are referring to lethwei and not bando. Lethwei is the bare knuckle ring art. Bando is a martial art system primarily taught by dr. gyi in the us. Thiang is the primary art in myanmar.