News Bam Rodriguez vs Gallo Estrada June 29th

he also beat cuadras. so that's 3 world champions by the time he's 24.

i mean if those 3 don't count, then who has estrada beaten? chocolatito, who should've gotten every one of those decisions?

bam is the real deal.
the estrada-choco trilogy is bizarre because the first fight was scored too wide for Choco (although he won) and the 2nd and 3rd are literal tossups. you can make a good argument for estrada or choco winning the 2nd and 3rd so i dont really think you can say choco deserved to win the 2nd and the 3rd fights outright and with no questions.
again, i think they stopped the fight with SSR early. i dont think SSR wouldve won but at least let the guy fight it out instead of stopping it early for the clearly favored prospect.
Estrada not only beat Cuadras, he beat him twice and the second time knocked him out. something Bam did not do. he's split fights with a better version of SSR as well.

i tend to favor experience over youth when picking fights.

the estrada-choco trilogy is bizarre because the first fight was scored too wide for Choco (although he won) and the 2nd and 3rd are literal tossups. you can make a good argument for estrada or choco winning the 2nd and 3rd so i dont really think you can say choco deserved to win the 2nd and the 3rd fights outright and with no questions.
again, i think they stopped the fight with SSR early. i dont think SSR wouldve won but at least let the guy fight it out instead of stopping it early for the clearly favored prospect.
Estrada not only beat Cuadras, he beat him twice and the second time knocked him out. something Bam did not do. he's split fights with a better version of SSR as well.

i tend to favor experience over youth when picking fights.
right, and bam finished SSR, something estrada couldn't do.

it's just weird to disregard him as a hype job when he literally has the same signature wins as the guy you consider legit... but none of the losses.

right, and bam finished SSR, something estrada couldn't do.

it's just weird to disregard him as a hype job when he literally has the same signature wins as the guy you consider legit... but none of the losses.
no, i dont think he's a hype job. he's not a bad fighter, not even close to it. he isnt someone thats had his skills inflated due to hype like Berlanga. i just dont think he's interesting to watch. his style isnt compelling for me.
Estrada also has wins over top contenders that Bam does not. i already mentioned i think the SSR stoppage was a bit early and he is older now too.
i like Estrada's swarming volume style. it produces constant action and exciting fights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back