Multiplatform BALDUR'S GATE III

Just finished my first playthrough, and holy shit that finale was tedious... even on the easiest difficulty and fully leveled.

The courtyard battle was fun, calling in reinforcements to aid you. My first attempt was a clusterfuck, but my second attempt was a well oiled machine and barely took any damage.

The narrow tower roads with the mortar fire was impossible. I made several attempts over two hours before I attempted it with just one character with flight and an invincibility spell. It was a hundred times easier. That was the tedious part.

The final battle was just like the courtyard... first attempt was a clusterfuck but second attempt was perfect. Enjoying the epilogue now.

Without question this is the most difficult 'easy' difficulty I've ever played.

I played as a Warlock.
Wyll was still a Warlock, mirroring my same level up decisions.
I changed Karlack to a fighter, and she eventually was my tank/mele damage dealer.
Shadowheart was a healer/clarich, and she did a great job keeping everyone alive.

The easiest difficulty doesn't allow for multi-classing, but I'm thinking my second playthrough will be like this -

*Main Character - Oathbreaker/Paladin Dark Urge. (Suggestions for female race?)
*Astarion - Monk (I hear they're extremely effective)
Not sure if I'm going to multi-class them. I'm open to suggestions.
*Lae'zel - Warlock/Paladin
Shadowheart - A more structured Healer. I pretty much winged it with her on my 1st playthrough.

Anyone else have trouble with the tower/mortar area?

Anyone else have trouble with the tower/mortar area?

Yea that level was very hard. I beat it on the hardest difficulty. I also had no idea how to call in reinforcements. Either it wasn't an option or I completely missed it.

Used invisibility to quickly get through the next area without being seen and get to the boss with no fights. The final boss was easy once I realized I had a spell with Wyll that was doing like 75 hit points of damage.

While I enjoyed the hardest difficulty I wont be doing it again. Will be going normal or maybe even easy on my dark urge play through. I want to feel OP really.

Back