Baldur's Gate 3 = KOTOR 3

deviake

Otsego Amigo
@Silver
Reaction score
I've been playing Baldur's Gate 3 and I think Larian make KOTOR 3, or at least this should be the engine for it. Perfect 1:1 translation in my opinion although I guess they could go more the action RPG route ala the FFVII remake, but to me when you consider the overall choice and alignment system this seems bang on. It's been reminding me a lot of KOTOR.

If devil lord Disney has anything resembling sense, which, they don't, they will make something like this happen. Or a KOTOR remake with this engine.

Thoughts? Am I off? Would this not be the game we're looking for?

I’d prefer something closer to the original system (I didn’t much care for the ff7 remake once the nostalgia wore off) but yeah this a good idea

Mass Effect was KOTOR III. BioWare was naturally evolving turn-based strategic squad RPG combat more and more towards real-time.

I’d prefer something closer to the original system (I didn’t much care for the ff7 remake once the nostalgia wore off) but yeah this a good idea
Same on the OG system meow that I think about it and agreed about FF7.

Mass Effect was KOTOR III. BioWare was naturally evolving turn-based strategic squad RPG combat more and more towards real-time.
Yeah it would need to be closer to the original battle system. Never played any of the Mass Effect games.

I'd rather Larian continue the Divinity series and do another Baldur's Gate after that. That's going to take the next decade.

Obsidian could make KOTOR, they don't have much going on aside from Outer Worlds.

Last edited:
Never played any of the Mass Effect games.

You love KOTOR to the point you're praying for KOTOR3.

But also haven't played Bioware's most popular Sci-Fi IP?

Do yourself a favor and go buy the Mass Effect Trilogy Legendary Edition. I saw it the other day for $20 retail.

<mma4>

No idea when I'd get around to it though, Fires of Rubicon and Baldur's Gate 3 are the entirety of my gaming for the foreseeable future.

Not saying you should drop everything and buy & play it immediately, but you should strongly consider picking it up and play the best SciFi gaming trilogy sometime in the near future.

Its worth it for ME2 alone, which I consider to be in tthe 'Top 3 games of the 2010-2019 decade' and this Legendary edition includes all the DLC, which has some of the best DLC you'd ever play, for free.

<mma4>

No idea when I'd get around to it though, Fires of Rubicon and Baldur's Gate 3 are the entirety of my gaming for the foreseeable future.
With you loving KOTOR and BG3, you'll love the ME trilogy.

I highly recommend Dragon Age Origins as well. Mass Effect 1 and DAO are special games and basically KOTOR evolved.

With you loving KOTOR and BG3, you'll love the ME trilogy.

I highly recommend Dragon Age Origins as well. Mass Effect 1 and DAO are special games and basically KOTOR evolved.

I loved DAO at the time but honestly it's just a poor mans BG3 at this point. I wouldn't even consider going back, I'd rather just replay BG3.

I loved DAO at the time but honestly it's just a poor mans BG3 at this point. I wouldn't even consider going back, I'd rather just replay BG3.
I was playing it emulated on RCP3 prior to BG3, as I never actually finished it back in the day. It's looking dated, even with the upsclaing and reshade I used. It really deserves a proper remaster like ME, but it's still great and worth playing.

My 360 died red ringed so many times, and the Steam version never let me get far, regardless of community patches.

I'm going to finish it emulated at some point.

I was playing it emulated on RCP3 prior to BG3, as I never actually finished it back in the day. It's looking dated, even with the upsclaing and reshade I used. It really deserves a proper remaster like ME, but it's still great and worth playing.

My 360 died red ringed so many times, and the Steam version never let me get far, regardless of community patches.

I'm going to finish it emulated at some point.

I tried to replay it but honestly the mage level is so bad I just couldn't do it. It should get a remake but if they do a remake that whole mage level should be redone.

Not surprised it looked dated either. Even when it was released one of the #1 complaints about the game was how dated it looked.

I dont agree with that at all. If anything Larian has more resources now to make the next DAO bigger than BG3. Kind of how Fallout 3 helped Bethesda to allocate more resources to make Skyrim on a bigger grandscale than Oblivion.

I dont agree with that at all. If anything Larian has more resources now to make the next DAO bigger than BG3. Kind of how Fallout 3 helped Bethesda to allocate more resources to make Skyrim on a bigger grandscale than Oblivion.

That comment was based on having someone go back and play DAO after BG3. I think that's a horrible idea.

Larian doesn't have access to the DA franchise to make it bigger. Larian should focus on another BG game or maybe DOS I guess but I would rather Bg4 since I've never played DOS.

That comment was based on having someone go back and play DAO after BG3. I think that's a horrible idea.

Larian doesn't have access to the DA franchise to make it bigger. Larian should focus on another BG game or maybe DOS I guess but I would rather Bg4 since I've never played DOS.
Still not quite the good comparison considering one is a 6 year old game that took just 3 years to make while BG 3 was 5-6 years in the making. It was first announced in 2018

Still not quite the good comparison considering one is a 6 year old game that took just 3 years to make while BG 3 was 5-6 years in the making. It was first announced in 2018

I wasn't making a comparison really though. I was just saying I don't think it's a good idea to go from BG3 to playing DAO. I didn't even know DAO only took 3 years that's actually very impressive.

Shoot I was getting the stuff mixed up DOS meaning Divinity ORiginal Sin
and DAO Dragon Age Origins

but yeah Divinity Original Sin 2 is highly recommended

Last edited:
Back