Bahamondes has a 4-0 15yo brother

15 years old?

a7880d67-097d-43f7-9e31-f7f9c2c38735_text.gif

Canelo was pro at 15. It's not terribly uncommon in combat sports.

It's not good if he's going life and death in these fights but if he's fighting randoms who aren't dangerous for the first few years, no problem.

Last edited:
15 is too young to be pro, hes gonna end up like Rory McDonald

Pantoja made pro debut a week after turning 17, is 34 as champ currently. Was competing in Muay Thai and BJJ before MMA too.

Jose Aldo made his pro debut at 17 too.

Max Holloway was competing in amateur kickboxing and MMA at 14 and went pro at 18.

The Thing about Brazil is, they don't really have an amateur system the way the US and Russia do, so they just tend to fight pro younger. The "rory macdonald" thing is nonsense and fans just can't get passed it. That Lawler war could ruin anyone, at any age. Beyond that the kids heart was never in it and that caught up to, he was an amazing talent though.

Pantoja made pro debut a week after turning 17, is 34 as champ currently. Was competing in Muay Thai and BJJ before MMA too.

Jose Aldo made his pro debut at 17 too.

Max Holloway was competing in amateur kickboxing and MMA at 14 and went pro at 18.

The Thing about Brazil is, they don't really have an amateur system the way the US and Russia do, so they just tend to fight pro younger. The "rory macdonald" thing is nonsense and fans just can't get passed it. That Lawler war could ruin anyone, at any age. Beyond that the kids heart was never in it and that caught up to, he was an amazing talent though.
Brazil's got gyms and talents though. Bahamondes is Chilean. I have no idea how many proper gyms or fighters they have down there in Chile..

Brazil's got gyms and talents though. Bahamondes is Chilean. I have no idea how many proper gyms or fighters they have down there in Chile..

To be honest, Brazil is pretty notorious for rough sparring and a less intelligent approach to developing talent than the US, Russia and some gyms in Europe. I've heard several pro fighters claim the same too. Some guys just have bodies that don't wear down or injure easily, some guys aren't very prone to ill effects of concussions, some guys take care of themselves better...who knows. In Thailand they don't invest in the most talented guy at their gyms, they invest I the guys who show great durability and talent because they know most guys even if amazingly talented just won't hold up overtime under all the training and competing.

As for Chile, ya, who knows. I also don't think Bahamondes is that great personally and his brother isn't on my prospect radar at all. But it has to start somewhere, look at the rich history of boxing in Latin America...I mean, Europeans brought that culture and sport over and it took time but begun to thrive and grow from talent emerging, gyms and promotions opening, coaches finding their place etc. MMA is new in Latin America but it's really growing in places like Peru, Argentina and Mexico.

Lol this totally makes me think of that kid Julio Cesar Neves Junior from Brazil. He was unbeaten with a 30-0 record by age 20. Just looked him up, he’s now at 36-2. He’s only fought 7 times in the last 10 years and just took a loss in KSW.

Back