Bag glove recommendations

William Huggins

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Need a new pair, recommend me some good ones, middle price range......

Need a new pair, recommend me some good ones, middle price range......

TopBoxer Winning-style stock or custom, Rival RB11, UMA RT-40 stock or custom, Fairtex BGV9, or pre-owned Reyes.

Not sure what you consider middle price range, though.

TopBoxer Winning-style stock or custom, Rival RB11, UMA RT-40 stock or custom, Fairtex BGV9, or pre-owned Reyes.

I have a pair of old 14oz Fairtex BGV9 I use for bag duty but they are not long for the next life, might just get another pair.

this is average cheap under 40 mid price 45-90 nd welp anything above 90 is you guessed it

I really wouldn't recommend the TopBoxer Winning Style for bag only......padding is too soft in my opinion.

The Fairtex BGV9 is a good call or like u said some nearly new pre owned reyes

I really wouldn't recommend the TopBoxer Winning Style for bag only......padding is too soft in my opinion.

The Fairtex BGV9 is a good call or like u said some nearly new pre owned reyes

Do you mean 16oz TB Winning-style? Apparently the padding on the 16oz TBs is softer than lower oz TB Winning-style gloves. I use my 12oz TB Winning-style gloves on the heavy bag without any problems.

Same here. 12 oz for bag and 16 oz for sparring. Padding is much denser in the 12oz TB compared to the 16 oz.

I recommend the Alien gloves of TopBoxer.

They have rigid padding inside and have nice pop sound when hitting bags.

Just unbelievable quality even though it is a stock option. They can stand comparison with custom made gloves.

Just abso-bloody-lutely fantastic in terms of the quality.

Fairtex BG9 is my go to or my Topboxer customs.

Do you mean 16oz TB Winning-style? Apparently the padding on the 16oz TBs is softer than lower oz TB Winning-style gloves. I use my 12oz TB Winning-style gloves on the heavy bag without any problems.
Sorry yes I have the 16oz I got them for sparing sessions but oftern we will be asked to work the bag in-between rounds in the ring and I really didn't like them on the bag.

Boon Classic Velcro (12oz or 14oz) for bag gloves...excellent thai gloves but are very comparable to boxing gloves and excellent wrist support....all leather
They are a bit tight but stuff few socks in them overnight and 2 sessions on the bag and it'll fit to your hand perfect

Everlast Powerlock really surprised me with the comfort and quality of the padding for heavy bag and mitts. Excellent gloves.

Can I also suggest these new Rival RB80, these are just out but they are excellent.

In your review you state that the Rival RB80s are "the best bag gloves".

What do you mean by that?

That they're better than Rival's own more expensive bag gloves? That they're better than Winning and all the other top brands for bagwork?

Hi J, I think that the RB80 are the best gloves at the price point they are pitched at. Similar price to Twins special, Fairtex BGV9, Everlast Powerlock etc. I honestly think that they are the best gloves in that range.

P.s I have no affiliation with Rival or any other brand, I just do reviews for fun.

Last edited:
Hi J, I think that the RB80 are the best gloves at the price point they are pitched at. Similar price to Twins special, Fairtex BGV9, Everlast Powerlock etc. I honestly think that they are the best gloves in that range.

P.s I have no affiliation with Rival or any other brand, I just do reviews for fun.

Ah, ok, that seems reasonable enough. I probably should have picked that up myself while watching your review.

Hi J, thank you for taking the time to watch my review, what did you think of it? I am very new to YouTube and would very much appreciate your thoughts, I’m sure there is lots I could do better.

Cleto Reyes does have Bag gloves for about 85$
I can't find find much about them, but the regular Cleto gloves are among the best, so maby something for you.

Back