News Badr Hari announces retirement from Kickboxing, wants to do one last farewell fight in 2024

Good idea?

• Total voters
Hari has been talking about retirement for years now. Recall several years back when he mentioned wanting to pursue a career in boxing.

Hari has been talking about retirement for years now. Recall several years back when he mentioned wanting to pursue a career in boxing.
He had been talking about that and MMA for yrs but it became way too late for it. Now its really too late,hes old and his chin aint what it used to be

Badr Hari is back in the Netherlands to train at Mike’s Gym Amsterdam. It looks like he grew a head of hair, and slimmed down in the process..
Check out the video below:

He ended up getting into some serious legal trouble and never ended up going to boxing. It wouldn't have worked out for him anyway.

He should have retired years ago before he starting losing to garbage fighters he was losing to in the end.

Badr Hari is back in the Netherlands to train at Mike’s Gym Amsterdam. It looks like he grew a head of hair, and slimmed down in the process..
Check out the video below:

That's some proper thread necromancy you did there. I even started reading and liking previous comments from 5 months ago until I realized 😬

He just got wrecked by a c-level fighter. Who can they realistically get to lose to Badr? Someone who's 0-0?
Uku is not C-rank. Levi was on the floor as well.
That said i do hope they will find an old man for him that he can actually beat. Manhoef or Saki would be nice.

Or getting McSweeny Out of retirement seems like a legit thing to do. They were scheduled before.

not a kickboxing guy, but i remember his matches with reem and the one with that 7ft mutant fondly. a terrible person with a boundless level of talent....but yeah, i agree with the other commenters, he should retire

So what do you think @BoxerMaurits , is he getting some beatable HW fighter as a last match, or are they going to give him a big name and try to sell out a football stadium? I think that would be a huge risk..
Badr wants MONEY i think. So a big name would be preferable.

Hari-Rockhold, baby!
Jup, lol.
Former UFC Middleweight champion Luke Rockhold will fight GLORY veteran Joe Schilling in Karate Combat:

Reactions: mkt
If he's gonna have another fight, he needs to show more toughness and grit than what he showed in that last performance. That was pitiful
No he got beat down hard. He looked solid toughnes wise. Weird run. It's like everyone had their best performance vs him. Besides Rico, who he lost both fights to by injury. Especially the rematch with 2 knockdowns in Badrs favor.

Last edited:
No he got beat down hard. Hs looked solid toughnes wise. Weird run. It's like everyone had their best performance vs him. Besides Rico, who he lost both fights to by injury. Especially the rematch with 2 knockdowns in Badrs favor.
I think Badr is a guy who got away without training seriously most of the time, going out partying and getting arrested, because his natural gifts and talent were always there to bail him out. He clearly took Rico very seriously for the second fight, but I think his lifestyle and his refusal to make his defence more of a priority caught up with him.

Back