badboy gear good?

DI99

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
thinking about buying some badboy shin guards and maybe boxing gloves and muay thai pads too, does anybody have any badboy gear? whats the quality like?

MT Pads are all right, not great. The hook and loop aren't set in circles but straight across the pad, so they're pretty tight (uncomfortably). Thickness is okay, nothing special - about the same as Hayabusa. Durability is good though.

I would get the gear from hayabusa, they also got shin guards gloves and thai pads

is Hayabusa around the same price?

The hayabusa shins looked really thin to me, could pick up knocks easy off them, unless they're deceptively padded?

just checked out the Hayabusa shin guards, they look awesome, but much more expensive than the badboy shin guards.. i guess you get what you pay for though

just checked out the Hayabusa shin guards, they look awesome, but much more expensive than the badboy shin guards.. i guess you get what you pay for though

yes right... I would really go with hayabusa gear great quality

another question - the price listed is for 2 shin guards right? it only displays one, but im guessing its not 80-90$ for just 1 shin guard right? probably a stupid question yeah..but just making sure, you never know these days lol.

another question - the price listed is for 2 shin guards right? it only displays one, but im guessing its not 80-90$ for just 1 shin guard right? probably a stupid question yeah..but just making sure, you never know these days lol.

a pair... so two

It depends, they're relatively thin (the shin guards) compared to Windy, Twin, and Fairtex. All those are hook and loop shin guards that have an exceptional amount of padding. But if you have any urge to do MMA sparring, or Kickboxing along with TDs, etc you want the thinner ones that secure closely.

The Combat Sports and Everlast MMA shin guards work well for kickboxing along with grappling. Remember, shin guards really aren't doing your partners much of a favor, they're just protecting your foot from elbow, and shin to shin contact.

Dont own any training gear but I do own some of their clothing (long sleeve and sleeveless jerseys) and I've had no issues with them.

gonna go with the hayabusa shin guards after seeing and hearing great things about them

ordered 16oz white sparring gloves and instep shin guards(white) all hayabusa, will be in tomorrow! cant wait, ill give an update on how they are

Back