Badass lapel choke from sidemount

yea, learned that a few weeks ago...works very well once you get the hang of it.

Yeah, I love spinning chokes using the gi from any position. My favorite to do is the clock choke from the back though. The one you're talking about is very tight though, but you have to make sure you keep your arms straight as you clock around his head. The straighter your arms are, the tighter the choke will be. Problem is a lot of ppl tend to forget these subtle points when it matters. Practice makes perfect.

take some pictures or something please

ok I'm lost for two things:
-The role of your right arm
- u grab his left lapel and put it under his left elbow (like when you go for a better grip for the knee on stomach), the u bring ur left arm with his lapel over his neck. U go to 69, I'm a bit confused from there though....

mogway said:
ok I'm lost for two things:
-The role of your right arm
- u grab his left lapel and put under left elbow (like when you go for a better grip for the knee on stomach), the u bring ur left arm with his lapel over his neck. U go to 69, I'm a bit confused from though....

You are going to spin to 69. Since your left arm is not on the ground and your weight is pushing down on him, he will easily roll left and disable the choke and probably get out. This is the way most people escape when a novice applies the choke. Your right hand will pin down his right arm so that he doesnt roll left or push you with that arm.

You grab his left lapel under his arm and your arm that grabs that lapel is under his neck. Basic sidemount position. His head will be lying on your elbow , so if you stretch your arm it will be against the weight of his head. Once you stretch your arm, twist it clockwise so that his head will be pushing down on the side of your elbow and thus your arm won

ok i pretty much got it. I'm thinking one thing though, in the final phase when you are in 69 and ur left hand is under his neck, isn't it a tighter choke if you put ur right hand under his lapel (at the back of his head instead of grabing his left arm? or is that physically impossible?

btw thanks dude for the explanation. I'll try it tonight in bjj training.

Ok I think i've got it - you're going for something like this right?...

TMA.jpg

;)

mogway said:
ok i pretty much got it. I'm thinking one thing though, in the final phase when you are in 69 and ur left hand is under his neck, isn't it a tighter choke if you put ur right hand under his lapel (at the back of his head instead of grabing his left arm? or is that physically impossible?

Two reasons: First you are choking him out with your weight. Your right arm is also giving you support to keep balanced and projecting your weight onto his throat. If you go all the way back , I don

Terrier said:
Ok I think i've got it - you're going for something like this right?...

TMA.jpg

;)
Shit, i was looking for a defence for two kicks, that is a great pic

notice that none of the kicks would ever touch him...

if i went to kick him i WOULD kick him 99% of the time

are u trying to explain a "basebell bat" choke with the lower lapel? grip the lapel like a baseball bat, try to touch your elbows together and circle around to north south?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back