bad shoulders when shooting double/single leg

fastbalej

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
whats up guys, anyone else have loose shoulders and if they dont shoot technically perfect/reach too much for the legs, there shoulder will slide a little bit out of place real quick.. since im at a disadvantage with my shoulders, should i work more clinch takedowns or really practice the double/singles to get them perfect so i can avoid this problem..

Start rehabbing those shoulders asap. Your subluxations will get worse. Attacking at angles prevents you from getting stretched out underneath your opponent, so your best bet is working on technique, timing, and setups to avoid those heavy sprawls on your straight-on shots. Otherwise, keep working greco techniques (as a wrestler who used to have serious shoulder problems, I always found greco to be easier on them). Also work your TD defense, snap downs, and other techniques that protect your sholders outright. In the mean time, get started on some serious physical therapy and weightlifting. Those shoulders will NOT heal themselves.

whats up guys, anyone else have loose shoulders and if they dont shoot technically perfect/reach too much for the legs, there shoulder will slide a little bit out of place real quick.. since im at a disadvantage with my shoulders, should i work more clinch takedowns or really practice the double/singles to get them perfect so i can avoid this problem..

take some time off, baby it, when your going for a takedown, shoot for the single and hop out to the side, so if they do sprawl there isnt much weight on you at all, then turn the corner and complete the takedown

Check the strength and power forum for good shoulder prehap/rehab routines as well. I've seen several good threads on the subject.

There's some good stuff on youtube from Diesel Crew (?) I think...S&P will know...

Good luck

Back