Bad ass Takedown Defense

61 takedowns easily stuffed by Jose Aldo:

Best scrambling ability I've ever seen in MMA. Fighters like GSP and Jones have TDD on the same level, but Aldo's scrambling from bad positions is second to none.

Hendricks against gsp. Prime Hendricks was awesome. Dumb ass punching power. Big boy tds, a plus level tdd

LnU5xUo.gif
Loved this fight. Gsot was the shit back then, but Siver sent him into Honda hiding mode.

I was going to post some Aldo gifs but it looks like ten people already beat me to it.

Rewatched a fight and I remember thinking how this looked like some choreography from Drunken Master 2

CATCHKICK.gif

Any other bad ass TDD or reversals to post?

Man, if Bendo actually landed that WWE style kick...

Loved both these fights.... Thought Frankie won the second for sure and had legit argument on first fight..

If the upkick wobble/knockdown doesn’t happen - pretty sure it’s Frankie’s fight without question..

I agree, except for Frankie having an argument in the first fight. Frankie lost the first but definitely won the second and got robbed.

Yea bendo has insane takedown defense. Very underrated

Aldo has some of the greatest TDD but this is not a good example

I was going to say the same thing. A fence grab does not = great TDD. That's a fight changing 'cheat' right there, as he was 100% going down had he not grabbed the cage.

Back