• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Backpack dudes

Backpack dude checking in....I have one with me about 80% of the time. I really had no idea it was taboo to take one to the bar and I even committed this atrocity yesterday. It must have been a horrific sight to behold as I sat there drinking beer and watching the Rockets game, with my backpack perched in the lofted bar stool next to me. Therefore I would like to formally apologize to anyone who may have been traumatized by my reckless, irresponsible actions and improper, uncivilized backpack behavior.

If it is lunch time, than a lot of outside sales people will be wearing back packs into restaurants. I do often. I never do so for dinner though.

There's a dude I knew years ago (early 20's), everybody called him Backpack Jack, even though his name was Keith. I never saw him put anything in his backpack, nor take anything out. It looked light as fuck, so I used to tell everybody that he collected farts from old couches and dead birds. It was a cheap olive green thing, with yellow trim, a couple of big pockets, no frame. But he always had that fucking backpack. Ask him what's in it? Nothing special, he would say. Then why carry it around? I dunno, I just do. Now Backpack Jack never seemed to have any money, but he never asked for anything either. If you offered him a beer, he'd drink it. Sometimes he would just say no thanks. Offer him a joint, he would smoke it. But he never ever asked for a fucking thing, and never assumed that he would be shared with. He also wasn't a guy who would make sure he was standing around to get a toke. If he was there, he was there. If he was across the room or with another group, he wouldn't make his way over. He was alright to talk to. Clever, social, pretty normal. Except for the fucking backpack. For 2 years I saw this thing. Either by his feet or right beside him. Well. One time at a yard party, Backpack Jack is nowhere to be seen, but the nerdbag is right there. Alone. I scan the yard, he's nowhere to be seen. I figure he's in the garage toking, but I was literally shaking with joy/fear. I went to the knapsack, undid the little belt buckle and looked inside. I pull out a big ziplock bag. In the bag is 1 item. Underwear. 1 pair. Dirty, shitty, women's underwear. That's it. The knapsack is ripped from my grasp. Not the bag of undies though. Knapsack Jack fucked the fuck out of there with his empty bag. I shit you not, that was the last time anybody in that circle ever saw him again. Don't know where he got the skid marked undies from, and I have no idea why the fuck he carried them everywhere. But he did.
View attachment 377203

So he is a serial rapist and like to keep a memento.

i have taken a backpack into a bar/restaurant. rode my bicycle to work and then stopped off at the neighborhood watering hole on the way home to meet friends. i didn't wear it on my back though, i carried it in and stashed it under the table.

need a judgment, guys. that count?
Nah, you're cool. As Long as you didnt wear it around trying to talk to hoes, bumping into every person in the joint with the damn thing.

Prepare to be massively triggered TS. I utilize multiple backpacks in my everyday life. I have 4 total.

1 is my everyday carry, I take it to work, i carry food and water in it, my medications, snacks for my dozen kids, and various things im currently involved in(like divorce paperwork in working right now).

Then i have 1 for the gym, 1 backpack carries my martial arts equipment, and one for outdoors, hunting, fishing, hiking and camping.

As well as the things listed above every backpack at any given time might hold multiple weapons including guns as well my herbal medications.

Yeh backpacks are mad useful. I carry one for work, but mostly leave in car. I carry paperwork in there. Also when I go shopping but dont have the car, I can carry my items in the backpack and is better than holding in your hands as you walk home.

I use an osprey daylight for work also.

Haha - I'm not ashamed to use my day pack for work. I've taken that thing to hospitals and to investment banks on Wall Street. I also have a ultralight Marmot pack that I use sometimes.

I thought this thread was about backpack recommendations.

Haha - I'm not ashamed to use my day pack for work. I've taken that thing to hospitals and to investment banks on Wall Street. I also have a ultralight Marmot pack that I use sometimes.

TS works at Buffalo Wild Wings and is jealous of his customers having real jobs. That should've been him!

maxresdefault.jpg

So he is a serial rapist and like to keep a memento.
I couldn't answer this question, because I really don't know. I also don't think so, but I also never really suspected Bill Cosby would he dropping 'lludes on women and raping them.

i use a backpack when i have to lug a laptop(s) and other stuff like adapters around for work.
or for travel.

Whenever I'm on vacation in another country, I always have a backpack glued to me the entire time, whether I'm at a coffee shop, a bar, or wherever. In there I always keep toilet paper, a water bottle, snacks, hand sanitizer, and whatever I think I might need. This habit is a carryover from when I was in the Philippines for a month.

now that i know that it bothers so many people im gonna start carrying a backpack to work or something

I wear a backpack into bars and restaurants every week.

I take it to work every day and if I want to go a bar or restaurant after work I do.

Weird...i take my backpack with me every day to work ..

It has my lunch, water bottle and work out gear..

Don't see the issue here

Back