Awesome/touching Randleman anecdote (goes to 13yo fan's birthday)

Great story. I hadn't heard that before but it's in line with a lot of what I've heard about him from fans who got the chance to meet him. He's gonna be missed for sure, you don't find many people like that in life, even rarer when it comes to celebrities.

I love it when athletes or celebrities do things like that. He wasnt doing it as some publicity stunt. He did it cuz he cared about his fans. Even though it was only an hour or two of his time, he left a lasting memory with that boy that he will cherish for the rest of his life.

I love it when athletes or celebrities do things like that. He wasnt doing it as some publicity stunt. He did it cuz he cared about his fans. Even though it was only an hour or two of his time, he left a lasting memory with that boy that he will cherish for the rest of his life.
Exactly what I was thinking. In this day and age it's so common, even if it comes from a genuine place, to use stuff like this as a photo op or whatever. It's pretty touching that he just did it because he wanted to and it was a good thing for a fan.

That's a cool story. Kevin really was one of the good guys.

I know this has to be my 3rd or 4th time coming back to read this story I almost have it memorized

That was an excellent read. Randleman was a legend in the cage and out of it.

I've got a feeling that The Monster is guarding the gates of Heaven with the Angels tonight...

Thanks for posting. I need to watch some old Randleman fights.

I know this has to be my 3rd or 4th time coming back to read this story I almost have it memorized
Same. I read it about 3 times before I decided to post it up. So many great memories. He's one of the fighters who has count less awesome moments in fights he lost. Even though he lost to Ron Waterman, I still can't believe how he rag dolled him for the first 3-5 minutes of the fight. There was like a 6-7 inch height difference in that fight, and they were both wrestlers.

I also listened to the sherdog radio tribute to kevin and apparently he owns multiple slots (including #1) in the Ohio state's top 10 fastest pins. Fucking beast!

I always liked Randleman because he was crazy, an amazing athlete and an all-around badass that fought in the early days down in Brazil when you could do severe damage to your opponent. Glad to hear he was such a nice guy when the cameras weren't around.

A truly beautiful man. I really like this post and the following replies to the thread. Cro Cops post is 2nd to this now, such a good dude and what a kind and cute story.

"Mr. Randleman impacted my life when I was around 12 years old.

I walked up to his car, put my hand on his shoulder

That's one big ass 12 year old, looks like we found ourselves a young UberTS.

Thanks for the share.

Great read.

that's a touching story and all but i wonder about the legitimacy of it

Back