AWESOME Gracie Jiu-Jitsu DEMO!

Google seems to suggest that it never really took off. Too bad, it could be interesting, but on the other hand, I could see it just being manufactured drama like the rest of the reality shows.

Dude is going to be some ones bitch in jail. Just two weeks of training and he is ready huh....

Lol, I never knew 2 weeks of training Jiu Jitsu was enough to keep you "rape-free" in jail.

They follow Helio Gracie method.

Helio believed that you could learn GJJ by studying 40 privates classes with him. At the completion, you will be a blue belt in GJJ.

I belive helio was a great man, and he is one of my heros, but blue belt with 40 lessons? im not quite sure about that.

I belive helio was a great man, and he is one of my heros, but blue belt with 40 lessons? im not quite sure about that.

Your definition of a blue belt and Helio's blue belt definition are just different.

Helio believed that he could teach the fundamentals of his JJ in a 40 classes format on a private class basis.

"In jiu-jitsu, 40 classes with me are sufficient, two times a week, to subconsciously assimilate everything.. '

Global Training Report Helio Gracie Playboy Interview

being a master teacher and a master jiujitsu artist.40 privates with him would be a blue belt. But in the grand scheme of things blue belt doesn't mean shit except you have a grasp on all the basics.And if he is quoted saying that then its true and nobody on the planet can question his authority when it comes to giving out belts

Your definition of a blue belt and Helio's blue belt definition are just different.

Helio believed that he could teach the fundamentals of his JJ in a 40 classes format on a private class basis.

"In jiu-jitsu, 40 classes with me are sufficient, two times a week, to subconsciously assimilate everything.. '

Global Training Report Helio Gracie Playboy Interview

still, 20 weeks is a huge difference from 2 weeks. :icon_sad: I don't get why he lied about going?

indeed, Im absolutely no one to question helios criteria for grading.... it all depends what was a blue belt for helio and what means a blue belt in modern days... yeah, with 40 lessons could be enough to learn how to do the basic techniques, the problem will be how to get to the position to perform the technique, specially facing a bigger and stronger opponent...

indeed, Im absolutely no one to question helios criteria for grading.... it all depends what was a blue belt for helio and what means a blue belt in modern days... yeah, with 40 lessons could be enough to learn how to do the basic techniques, the problem will be how to get to the position to perform the technique, specially facing a bigger and stronger opponent...

My guess is that it was similar to the Gacie Online Combatives or Valente program. just focused on self defense only.

Mind you, only rich people could afford privates classes from Helio. the type of guys that would not be fighting in the streets. and then he had the studs of the family fighting vale tudo with their secrets GJJ techniques that was not taught to the public until Carlson Gracie started his own academy.

My guess is that it was similar to the Gacie Online Combatives or Valente program. just focused on self defense only.

Mind you, only rich people could afford privates classes from Helio. the type of guys that would not be fighting in the streets. and then he had the studs of the family fighting vale tudo with their secrets GJJ techniques that was not taught to the public until Carlson Gracie started his own academy.

probably.... mkt has been around for a looooong time...

The guy is sitting in the county jail, which I'm pretty sure is nothing like prison (maybe someone who's done time can add their input). And speaking of prison, I'm guessing he's probably going to a minimum security prison with other white-collar offenders.

No technical butt rape defense? I am disappoint

Valente Bros are balers. One of them has an MBA and it really shows. A+ on Gracie style marketing.

Back