Awesome Chael interview with Brazilian media

RUkickboxer

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Video at the bottom of the page, couldn't find a way to link directly

He really seems convinced that Wand has a drinking problem, and the more I see, the more I believe it.

Also talks about (in no particular order)
- Shogun guillotine was luck
- Jones vs Cormier or Jones vs Anderson
- fighter from the show staying at his house in Oregon
- calling Lyoto Machida on the phone
- predictions for the final
- thinks vitor was fighter of the year 2013
- wishes Anderson a speedy recovery
- Cormier vs Hendo
- Belfort and Machida are the two fights he wouldn't ask for
- his contract says 205, and he thinks Dana misspoke
- Dillishaw's performance

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/6/1/5770476/ufc-5-questions-with-gegard-mousasi-fedor-jmma

Last edited:
Oh now I see it my bad

great interview, thanks for posting.

I didn't see any 'drinking problem' part though, other than a few references to Wand 'partying' instead of training...?

Sonnen knows his history of the sport and really is honest and complimentary about various guys who have competed throughout the years. I think he has a job for life with UFC whenever he is done, and I look forward to him going back to MW where there are a ton of interesting fights for him and he won't be grossly undersized as he was against Jones and Rashad.

Didn't think id watch the whole thing but I did

great interview, thanks for posting.

I didn't see any 'drinking problem' part though, other than a few references to Wand 'partying' instead of training...?

Sonnen knows his history of the sport and really is honest and complimentary about various guys who have competed throughout the years. I think he has a job for life with UFC whenever he is done, and I look forward to him going back to MW where there are a ton of interesting fights for him and he won't be grossly undersized as he was against Jones and Rashad.

He stated in a few interviews (when the show was airing, to the media and once on the show itself he said "he smells like alcohol) that Wand was a drunk and wasn't training. It was actually pretty funny, even though Chael didn't seem to be trolling.

My favorite part was when he talks about calling up Machida to ask him to give his guy a pep talk.

In case anyone wants to know what the hell is a coxinha
coxinhas-de-frango.jpg

It's good.

Whoever thought that Chael would turn things around and end up becoming more liked in Brazil than Wandy?

Whoever thought that Chael would turn things around and end up becoming more liked in Brazil than Wandy?

It's not too far fetched. Chael is genuinely likeable person, Wanderlei is a mindless thug.

That was an awesome interview, nice to see the real Chael for a full 35 minutes.

He even went out of his way to give Shogun respect by saying he got lucky.

I wonder if people are not watching this just because of the length? I thought it was one of the most candid interviews of any MMA fighter ever.

wand has some sort of problem. i wouldn't doubt drinking or something like that.

Back