Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.4 (April 27 U.S. Release; Six Untitled MCU Films Get Release Dates)

How much will Infinity War earn in the U.S. after its theatrical run?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. The most iconic Big Bads usually have some traits you can almost admire, even while you're cheering for the Hero to put them in the dirt. Michael in Godfather starts off just trying to protect his family, but ends up the most ruthless Mob boss of them all. Doctor Doom has a(very)twisted code of honour and will always keep his word. Vader becomes a monster who murders children and destroys entire planets out of his obsessive need to protect his family, and eventually redeems himself by giving his life to protect his son. Loki tried to conquer earth and has killed innocent people, but loved his mother and was grief-stricken by her death.

Even truly evil characters like Hans "the Jew Hunter" Landa or Hannibal "the Cannibal" Lecter are great fun to watch simply because they are portrayed with so much style and wit.

I like Comic Book Thanos, but his obsessive love for Death comes across as morbid at times and it's difficult to connect to a character who's motivations are so extreme and selfish. I like the idea that the MCU version genuinely believes he's doing the right thing for the Universe, even though it comes at a terrible cost.

Good explanation

HAnK-kY_N4YEvC8q5SXrkMb9Hk0RBQWJoxK0XFfgGcM.jpg

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. The most iconic Big Bads usually have some traits you can almost admire, even while you're cheering for the Hero to put them in the dirt. Michael in Godfather starts off just trying to protect his family, but ends up the most ruthless Mob boss of them all. Doctor Doom has a(very)twisted code of honour and will always keep his word. Vader becomes a monster who murders children and destroys entire planets out of his obsessive need to protect his family, and eventually redeems himself by giving his life to protect his son. Loki tried to conquer earth and has killed innocent people, but loved his mother and was grief-stricken by her death.

Alexander Pierce in Winter Soldier truly believes Hydra should rule the world for the greater good,

"I can bring order to seven billion people. At the cost of twenty million lives".

Even truly evil characters like Hans "the Jew Hunter" Landa or Hannibal "the Cannibal" Lecter are great fun to watch simply because they are portrayed with so much style and wit.

I like Comic Book Thanos, but his obsessive love for Death comes across as morbid at times and it's difficult to connect to a character who's motivations are so extreme and selfish. I like the idea that the MCU version genuinely believes he's doing the right thing for the Universe, even though it comes at a terrible cost.

But sometimes a bad guy is just a bad guy.
HItler doesn't get a pass because he was brave in WWI.
I think the MCU has gone overboard trying to give everybody a Magneto-esque history to sympathize with. I think they're going to do the same thing with the Joker. Sometimes a vengeful intergalactic megalomaniac God is just that, and thats okay.

And Doom also loves his mom. And when he went in front of the Panther God for judgment, the Panther God was like dude, we cool.

I think the MCU has gone overboard trying to give everybody a Magneto-esque history to sympathize with. I think they're going to do the same thing with the Joker. Sometimes a vengeful intergalactic megalomaniac God is just that, and thats okay.

And Doom also loves his mom. And when he went in front of the Panther God for judgment, the Panther God was like dude, we cool.

Doom is Uber Cool:cool:

True. And I'd still watch this movie if Thanos was Putin with Super Powers; a ruthless, sadistic tyrant who doesn't give a fuck about anyone but himself. And who will slaughter billions to get what he wants. But I like the idea they are muddying the water somewhat by giving him a motivation that is somewhat understandable, even if the way he attempts to achieve his goals is terrifying.

There was a British TV series called Utopia, now sadly cancelled, in which a small group of misfits tried to stop a massive Government conspiracy. The bad guys were more than willing to kill anyone who got in their way, including children. But the twist was, the bad guys weren't out for more money or power. They were trying to carry out sterilization on a global scale. They knew that a population of over seven Billion and climbing was unsustainable and developed a retro-virus that would leave human unable to reproduce for generations. By the time it passed out of humans DNA, only a few hundred million would be left to repopulate the planet.

Last edited:

I understood what the other guy was saying but im more in line with you why cant he just be a insane(mad)? We dont need to sympathize what we need is to hate him with all of our guts, that when the day comes the avengers beat him we're like fuck ya.

I dont want to see an ending where the avengers beat him and hes crying about how he was just trying to do right. Fuck that shit

It looks like this is going to be the layout
Space - Thor, Rocket, Groot go get Thor's new hammer
Somewhere - Cap, Black Widow, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Vision fight some of the Black Order
Wakanda - Cap, Black Widow, Falcon, War Machine, Hulk, Bucky, Black Panther/Wakandans big alien battle
NYC - Iron Man, Strange, Spider Man, StarLord/Guardians fight Thanos
So this and some exposition can easily fit into a 2.5 hour movie.

Think the NY battle is before wakanda. Hulk looks out of it and just fell from space. then they show hulk and iron man in Wakada. I think that has to be after

Calling it now, Vision doesn’t lose his stone in this movie. The scene in the trailer is a “vision”

Huge leak

Lol ok who dafaq did this. So Ben is the new martha.

Btw. Its fake. Movie scripts arent written like that. Its way more boring describing the action of the characters.

Lol ok who dafaq did this. So Ben is the new martha.

Btw. Its fake. Movie scripts arent written like that. Its way more boring describing the action of the characters.

Wow. You can tell that’s fake?? You must be a movie exec!!

Joker is DCU, and its probably got more to do with The Killing Joke than anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back