• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AVENGERS: ENDGAME (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen AVENGERS: ENDGAME, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Jeez. I don’t think it’ll catch avatar.
I think it will. If it doesn't this time around they will just re-release it or something down the line. Or let it bleed out in cinemas until it does. But with all the video, streaming, toys etc all the extra shit, it definately eclipses Avatars gross.

With Thor joining the Guardians, will Korg and Miek join as well?

With Thor joining the Guardians, will Korg and Miek join as well?

Doubtful. Maybe if anything a small appearance, even that i highly doubt.

Taika Waititi who voices Korg ain’t waisting time in someone’s else’s movie.

It’s insane how incredible the MCU Cap turned out.

His movies are super important, and the best trilogy of the MCU. Who would’ve thought that when they first released captain America 1 (very underrated imo) back in 2011? Then Winter Soldier dropped and it was all over.
It’s insane how incredible the MCU Cap turned out.

His movies are super important, and the best trilogy of the MCU. Who would’ve thought that when they first released captain America 1 (very underrated imo) back in 2011? Then Winter Soldier dropped and it was all over.
ALL OF THIS!:):p:D<Moves><mma4><JonesLaugh>{<redford}

Saw it yesterday, with some stuff spoiled before.

Things I liked:
  • All the family reunion with Thor and Iron Man
  • Valkyrie returning
  • Spiderman fight sequence
  • Wanda fight sequence

Things I didn't like:
  • Thanos dying in the first 5 minutes and bringing another one who knew nothing about it to play. Felt no connection with him and ruined the movie for me.
  • Ruffalo Hulk
  • Fat Thor
  • Messing with the infinity stones meant nothing in the grand scheme of things (at least for now)
  • Everything was easy to fix

There are more but it would be what I wanted to happen, so I cannot consider it a flaw.

5/10 won't see it again.

Saw it yesterday, with some stuff spoiled before.

Things I liked:
  • All the family reunion with Thor and Iron Man
  • Valkyrie returning
  • Spiderman fight sequence
  • Wanda fight sequence

Things I didn't like:
  • Thanos dying in the first 5 minutes and bringing another one who knew nothing about it to play. Felt no connection with him and ruined the movie for me.
  • Ruffalo Hulk
  • Fat Thor
  • Messing with the infinity stones meant nothing in the grand scheme of things (at least for now)
  • Everything was easy to fix

There are more but it would be what I wanted to happen, so I cannot consider it a flaw.

5/10 won't see it again.

Im.along these lines, without fat Thor bothering me too much. I overrated it in the poll. I'd go 7/10.

The plot convienences and no thanos is weirdly overlooked by too many around here.

I liked nerfing down EG Thanos because that way he doesn't taint IW Thanos, who went out on top. Schroedinger's Thanos.

Thanos dying in the first 5 minutes and bringing another one who knew nothing about it to play. Felt no connection with him and ruined the movie for me.
I agree with all your cons, but this was the big one that ruined the movie for me. Thanos was the best thing about Infinity War and here he gets swapped out for an uninteresting generic big bad version of himself. We might as well have gotten Steppenwolf as the villain.

I agree with all your cons, but this was the big one that ruined the movie for me. Thanos was the best thing about Infinity War and here he gets swapped out for an uninteresting generic big bad version of himself. We might as well have gotten Steppenwolf as the villain.

Yep. Suddenly "I am doing something for the good of the universe and none of you understand that, but I'll do it because it's the right thing to do" turns into "I'll enjoy destroying this planet! I'll shred the entire universe and replace it! Mwa ha ha!" with a nice big dash of ego thrown in with the "I am inevitable!" which was completely absent from the last movie. Not to mention removing all of his character development in the last movie - sacrificing Gamora, his interaction with Tony Stark and Starlord. His meeting with Scarlet Witch would have meant a *lot* more if the honest answer he gave to her showing up wasn't "I don't even know who you are."

I quite enjoyed the movie, but they more or less sacrificed Thanos as a great character to create an opportunity for fanservice scenes and give the heroes a good sendoff. In IW the MCU had its first top tier villain - and they and they turned him into someone a half a notch above Steppenwolf for Endgame. Unfortunate.

Oh irony.

download12.jpg

Yep. Suddenly "I am doing something for the good of the universe and none of you understand that, but I'll do it because it's the right thing to do" turns into "I'll enjoy destroying this planet! I'll shred the entire universe and replace it! Mwa ha ha!" with a nice big dash of ego thrown in with the "I am inevitable!" which was completely absent from the last movie. Not to mention removing all of his character development in the last movie - sacrificing Gamora, his interaction with Tony Stark and Starlord. His meeting with Scarlet Witch would have meant a *lot* more if the honest answer he gave to her showing up wasn't "I don't even know who you are."

I quite enjoyed the movie, but they more or less sacrificed Thanos as a great character to create an opportunity for fanservice scenes and give the heroes a good sendoff. In IW the MCU had its first top tier villain - and they and they turned him into someone a half a notch above Steppenwolf for Endgame. Unfortunate.
Perfectly put. What I was most looking forward to in this movie was the interactions Thanos would have with the individual Avengers members now that he had finally built an intimate and personal history with them. Everything that had been built in terms of actual character development (which is usually absent from villains in the MCU) and depth got wiped and all the opportunity for those potentially interesting moments was gone and suddenly it was really just all about punchy-punchy explodey. I'm a big fan of spectacle, but when it became clear that spectacle was really all I was gonna get from this, all the built up excitement I had for this movie faded. Maybe my expectations were too high, but after losing the most potentially interesting facet of this movie, even Cap wielding MewMew felt like a big meh.

I also agree very much with your point about this being an opportunity for fan service and hero sendoffs. I had already expected that to be the priority, but goddamn how much would it have elevated this film to do that while they're facing that fully realized Thanos who sacrificed so much to achieve his goal, misguided as it may have been. Sadly, it feels like the movie robs itself by going with Thanos-lite.

#NotMyThanos

Not sure if these will play but if they do hold onto your feelz:

Random thought: this is the most badass Thor has lookied in all the MCU movies yet he's depowered AF.

tumblr_pqubahM8iG1snteogo4_r3_500.gif

It was ok except for that really cringe "Girl Power" moment. Stop shoving social politics down out throats.

Oooh, this is going to be bad ass. I'm looking forward to GOTG 3.

Back