Avatar and The Abyss are in the same universe

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Would it be cool if the aliens from The Abyss were connected? That would be next level. Cameron should have thought of that if he hadn't already.

Other than the original THE TERMINATOR & ALIENS, I've never been much of a fan of Cameron's work. I mean, I recognize it as outstanding work & it deserves its iconic status in cinematic & pop culture history but it just doesn't resonate with me as it does with most other people. I can take it or leave it.

And for me, AVATAR was a real chore to get through. I found much of it pretentious & dull. I have no interest at all in seeing any of the sequels. I don't disparage anyone else if they love AVATAR and/or Cameron's other work though. Because I realize that I'm in the minority by being so "meh" about it.

we'll probably know in the next 100 avatar movies that Cameron says he's making

Other than the original THE TERMINATOR & ALIENS, I've never been much of a fan of Cameron's work. I mean, I recognize it as outstanding work & it deserves its iconic status in cinematic & pop culture history but it just doesn't resonate with me as it does with most other people. I can take it or leave it.

And for me, AVATAR was a real chore to get through. I found much of it pretentious & dull. I have no interest at all in seeing any of the sequels. I don't disparage anyone else if they love AVATAR and/or Cameron's other work though. Because I realize that I'm in the minority by being so "meh" about it.
Yeah, it was a technical marvel at the time but other than that it's pretty average and predictable.

Exactly my sentiments

Exactly my sentiments
I lost interest in the Avatar when I realize its another SJW esque film.

"Space Tree huggers Vs the Big ole bad US fucking Marines"

Reeks of SJWism and Fascist environmentalism.

Trees good! Marines bad!

Trees good! Marines bad!
You may have been smart enough to pick up on the anti-American sentiment in AVATAR.

Billy-Sinks-Challenge.jpg

But did you pick up on the REAL EASTER EGG?

Jack-Kirby-Ben-Grimm-Joe-Sinnott.jpg

Doesn't make any sense. How the hell do you connect the two?

How does it not make sense?

Theres nothing about the two movies that says they cant exist in the same universe

Think about it the aliens in the Abyss are trying to stop us from destrying our planet

The aliens in Avatar are trying to stop us from destryong their planet

These are the same, peace seeking benvolent aliens in both movies

How does it not make sense?

Theres nothing about the two movies that says they cant exist in the same universe

Think about it the aliens in the Abyss are trying to stop us from destrying our planet

The aliens in Avatar are trying to stop us from destryong their planet

These are the same, peace seeking benvolent aliens in both movies
all this thread tells us is that you still think Avatar was cool

Back