Auto repair/maintenance in parking lots

Bubble Bath

************************* **********************fu
@Green
Reaction score
Anyone do this? Just bought my first car and want to do work on it, but don't have a garage or private parking space. All my friends have apartments nearby and the only one that has a house with a garage lives bout 40 miles away. Just thinking about doing it outside but I live in a rough area and feel like someone's going to fuck with me while I'm under my car.

Don't worry, someone will steal it before you get a chance to even change a spark plug

this thresd reeks of poverty, pay someone yo

Sorry TS, even I think that you sound poor.

Do it in front of an Autozone or Pep Boys.I always see people working on cars on their parking lot.

I live nearby, when I was a kid id do a little hotrodding. If you put a carb and intake on it it may be gone the next day. If you are just trying to get it run then the apartments will tow it.

What kind of work are you planning on doing?

It stinks not having a garage. Now I have a 2.5 car and wish I had a 4 car.

What work do you need to do?

Wear a wife beater and listen to loud hip hop while you work on your car, it's basically ghetto camouflage.

Who cares if hes poor you yuppie douchebags. I really can't stand people who talk like that.

I have my bike and jetski in the garage and I cant jack my truck up on the driveway so I park on the side of the road in front of the driveway to work on mine. Better watch out theres a beta prick named born on monday on here that says you are poor if you work on your own vehicle. I say anyone thats not man enough to work on their own vehicle needs to start wearing panties...........oops nvm I use to wear my exs sometimes:redface:

What do you want to do? An oil change or drop the tranny?

I went to a public park's parking lot and did my brakes and rotors. Nobody seemed to mind i was repairing my car.
Please use jack stands and put something behind the tire if youre planning to go underneath the car.

you should buy a condo, then do your work in the parking lot in front of your unit.
the homeowner's association will love you for it...they might even send you some fan-mail.

you're welcome.

What kind of work are you planning on doing?

Just fluid changes, replacing the fuel/air/oil filter, brake pad replacement and more probably. Just learning at the moment so whatever might seem like a simple job that could save me some money by doing it myself.

Just fluid changes, replacing the fuel/air/oil filter, brake pad replacement and more probably. Just learning at the moment so whatever might seem like a simple job that could save me some money by doing it myself.

Good man.

I highly encourage people to work in their own cars, even if it is just something small. Saves $$ and feels good when you are done. Plus you get to know your vehicle a bit and maybe you can help others as well.

If you really need a spot for a quick fix and don't have the space where you live just go to the nearest auto parts store that you feel safe at and have a ball there. Again as long as it is quick work no ine should give a fuck, just dont be an ass and buy what you will ise for the repair or at least a few small things before you set up shop and fix your ride in their lot.

Definitely do not go to an apartment building you don't live at and work on it in their lot. That shit is mad douche-like. Those aren't your parking spaces and even if your buddies say it's cool they don't speak for all the other tenants.

Also that shit reeeeeks of poverty like almost nothing else.

Back