Austin Trout Plans To Drop Down To 147, Targets Danny Garcia

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/austin-trout-plans-drop-down-147-targets-danny-garcia--141987

“I’m looking for something else. I’m even looking to try to come to 47 and shake sh*t up," Trout told BoxingScene.com.

"I sure can (do it). I make 154 easy and it’s been easier since I changed my diet. With just a little more discipline I am sure I can make it and be strong,” Trout explained.

As for who he would like to fight in his new weight division, he said that he is open to anyone. When asked for a specific name sans the obvious Manny Pacquiao, Trout said, "give me Danny Garcia. Give me Danny. I’ll take (Adrien) Broner. I will take them all. Keith Thurman. Danny Garcia would be easy work for me or Shawn Porter - I will take the winner or loser (in his fight versus Errol Spence)."

The guy is 1-3-1 since he turned 30. The only shit he'd shake up is what he has left between his ears. Hang them up, dude.

I don’t blame the man. If you look at his fight purses from some of his recent fights he’s still being paid VERY handsomely.

$250,000 vs. Jermell Charlo
$240,000 vs. Jarrett Hurd
$750,000 vs. Jermall Charlo
$950,000 vs. Canelo Alvarez
$500,000 vs. Erislandy Lara

It’s hard to walk away from that. I doubt the dude could adapt to a new life doing something else, especially considering he has a few years left. It’s hard. Especially knowing you could get a couple more of these paydays

Dropping down late in your career generally does not end well.....Nonito Donaire is the exception.

If he can make the weight then go for it but he doesn't deserve Danny Garcia at this point. He should have to beat someone first.

Back