Movies Austin Butler - Elvis vs. Brendan Fraser - The Whale - Who wins the Oscar?

Who wins the Oscar?

• Total voters
Brendan, everyone feels bad for him. He is the currant feel good story so...

"Deserves it....." :rolleyes:

Not seen either, either. That said Frasier's role seems the epitome of an "Oscar-bait role", too.

I'm not honestly saying Frasier deserves it. I have no idea. I'm being tongue in cheek here. I am saying regardless of who does deserve it, its probably going to a musical biopic.

Also there's literally nothing in the world that could be more Oscar Bait-y than a musical bio-pic. Doesn't matter that they all basically have the same beats (See:walk hard), as long as it's the officially endorsed story as approved by the artist's estate, it's a bit of a layup. The estate will campaign as hard as the studio for it.

Movies about a guy so fat he's ruined his life are less cookie cutter. Movies about a friendship breaking up to the point of attempted murder as an alegory for civil war are probably somehow less common. Those guys don't get to just do an impression for 2 hours. They don't have a template to work off of.

I want these two to win for the two best comeback story of the year and possibly for them to do an Encino Man 2 sequel together
7d2afccb21e64ebe2939fc281b10859a

Sandler gets it for Hustle in a huge upset.

Back