• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aug.7th Stanionis vs Collazo PBC FOX

I am a couple rounds behind. Maestro is from my wife's hometown/area. That knockdown shook her lol

This is much better than the first fight, Fox is really impressing me. He's not a local guy who made a lot of waves like Gary Russell or Jarrett Hurd.

Still kinda think Maestre is going to wear him down if he has the stamina. A lot of fight left. Rooting for Fox tho.

Collazo and Alexander fighting this week and Vic Ortiz vs Guerrero later this month on a Pacman undercard....how is this happening?

Maestre needs the KO to win at this point, and I'm shocked to be honest. I was really wrong about this one, but it's awesome to see local guys winning fights.

Official Scores:

114-113
115-112
117-110

Maestre

WTF

Worst decision in years

Absolute and complete nonsense robbery. I simply cannot believe this decision. Anyone out there who wants to see a robbery please watch this fight. I am not overexaggerating when I say I have never seen such a bad decision. 117-110? How do you give rounds to a guy who isn't landing punches and getting his face jabbed off? How do you reconcile that score with a KD? How do you explain Fox controlling distance, slipping punches, having superior movement, landing cleaner punches, and controlling the pace with a loss?

I'm done for the night, I'm sick to my stomach. This is the kind of stuff that turns people off from the sport. They ruined this kids night to shine based on politics and instead of having the night of his life and a chance at a few paydays they absolutely screwed him with a loss on his record.

Now the announcers have swept it under the rug, I wonder who told them to stop talking about it. I'm absolutely furious.

Absolute and complete nonsense robbery. I simply cannot believe this decision. Anyone out there who wants to see a robbery please watch this fight. I am not overexaggerating when I say I have never seen such a bad decision. 117-110? How do you give rounds to a guy who isn't landing punches and getting his face jabbed off? How do you reconcile that score with a KD? How do you explain Fox controlling distance, slipping punches, having superior movement, landing cleaner punches, and controlling the pace with a loss?

I'm done for the night, I'm sick to my stomach. This is the kind of stuff that turns people off from the sport. They ruined this kids night to shine based on politics and instead of having the night of his life and a chance at a few paydays they absolutely screwed him with a loss on his record.

Now the announcers have swept it under the rug, I wonder who told them to stop talking about it. I'm absolutely furious.
Sad to see a young fighter like fox fight such a nice fight, taking it last minute, completely dominating this guy, maybe winning 10-11 of the 12 rounds plus a KD and still gets robbed

Sad to see a young fighter like fox fight such a nice fight, taking it last minute, completely dominating this guy, maybe winning 10-11 of the 12 rounds plus a KD and still gets robbed

I think I gave him 10 rounds plus the KD. I probably could have given him 11 rounds. The fight wasn't even close and is another example of absolute corruption. Maestre tried some BS at the beginning with the tape and got no reprimand, and then whatever system they were using to score which punches landed made the fight look closer than it was. I don't believe those numbers at all. Nobody that watched that fight could have scored it honestly for Maestre. Now what happens is that he has another loss on his record, and when it's all said and done that's what people will look at.

A year from now if he tells people he won the fight he will have people say "no, clearly you lost because it's a loss on your record". It's an absolute disgrace. The kid obviously put time in the gym to learn from his last fight where he lost to a pressure fighter. He had naysayers like me thinking he was going to get blown-out against a former Olympian. Then he turns around and shocks everyone by winning a fight easily (probably as a huge underdog) and they took it away from him. All those hours in the gym sparring and training and to get screwed like that is heartbreaking.

The regulars here should really watch this one and let me know if I'm out of line here. It's such a bad decision that there has to be a betting fix or something going on.

Collazo has some good looking combosbat times, but is getting consistently hit with some significant shots.

I see him getting stopped in the corner at some point

Damn it a NC

Super entertaining while it lasted

Back