Attn: Jeff Sherwood

Canned***

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you actually pay for your programmers, I believe it's time to fire all of them and hire some new blood. It's not how hard they work, but they can't deliver.

The server on sherdog.com crashed after UFC 87 A MONTH AGO, and it crashed again yesterday after UFC 88. Impossible to listen to the radio show after the event. Any serious programmer would have fixed it within two days.

I won't even go on with the heavy forum bugs that have been here for several months without any fix, but obviously the actual programmers just can't deliver.

I admire your patience with them and understand that some of them might be close friends.

Respectfully,

Ben

Yeah not to mention fixing the search by title.

They obviously dont want to fix it, i brang it the attention of the mods 2 years ago.

I dont understand wtf the problem is, hire a programmer to fix it.

Sherdog is what it is becuase of the forum.

Forum functionality has rapidly declined over the years. Each time a feature disappears they say it's part of a overall or repair but the feature never comes back.

The search function is pretty much useless.

I know they are overwhelmed by the amount of traffic but there are bigger forums that run much better.

Yeah I dont think theyre into putting any money into this

I just do not get how one of the most famous forums can have so many glitches. Literally about 25% of my posts end up having errors, even if the post does go through. There is about 8 different errors that I see on a regular basis.

With that said I do have a lot of fun here.

I agree, the glitches are really annoying and it's been going on for too long.

I have to agree, I don't know what the specific issue is but it seems like none of the problems are ever addressed

I agree with all of you. This site is awesome and i love coming on here but if the problems were fixed people would enjoy the site that much more. Its ultimately up to Jeff i suppose.

The search function has not been broken for 2 years, so this is incorrect.

~Foz

On and off it's been broke for longer than that. I've posted complaints of various issues many times, and they have always been met with workarounds and the assurance that it's part of a maintenance issue.

If ya'll didn't spend so much time on the forums the issues wouldn't bother you that much.

As much as I agree with your points Canned, you sure post a lot of complaints in the Customer Service forum.

The only thing that is going to force change is LACK of traffic, even then who knows.

As much as I agree with your points Canned, you sure post a lot of complaints in the Customer Service forum.

Call me crazy but I like things that work. When I can't fix them myself, I tend to ask people who can do it. In my everyday life, when something is broken it ends up either in the trash can or at the repair shop.

Obviously this forum is broken but I like it so I'm just trying to get it fixed.

Sure, I could be like most of you and STFU about it:
"oh, I can't post a thread, let's edit it so it will work"
"oh, a blank page, let's come back in an hour"
"oh, search function doesn't work, let's use google instead"
"oh, sherdog.com is down right after the PPV, oh well, I'll download the replay of After the bell tomorrow then"

It's essentially like this mate.

It's been brought up.

I've brought it to the attention of the tech admins.

I've been told they are working on it.

That's all I can tell you. Unfortunately. :-(

~Foz

Call me crazy but I like things that work. When I can't fix them myself, I tend to ask people who can do it. In my everyday life, when something is broken it ends up either in the trash can or at the repair shop.

Obviously this forum is broken but I like it so I'm just trying to get it fixed.

Sure, I could be like most of you and STFU about it:
"oh, I can't post a thread, let's edit it so it will work"
"oh, a blank page, let's come back in an hour"
"oh, search function doesn't work, let's use google instead"
"oh, sherdog.com is down right after the PPV, oh well, I'll download the replay of After the bell tomorrow then"

Fozzy basicly respond with my thoughts. I'm not the lay down type either, but you can shout at a wall all day if you want to.

Posts were not updated nor was the sherdog board. Even now the board is not updated. When I do click on the forums it does show new posts but the sherdog board is still the same from the other night. I copied and pasted what the board looks like for me.

LATEST TOPICS AT THE SHERDOG FORUMS

=P the tech admins need to get this shiz updated to 3.7.0, then stop using whatever crapass external system they are using and get inferno external.

Then they need to cut down on the queries by caching as much as they can.

Problem solved.

Back