attacking the double under pass...

BJJ_Rage

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Ive been playing quite a bit lately with this counter to the double under pass... I inmediately close a no arm triangle, then I wait for him to chill, always looking for an opening to underhook one arm and go for the armcrush, if the person does not get a gable grip right from the start of the pass, I normally am able even to fight one arm, theres nothing stopping me from removing the arm thats infront of my hip, getting it in position and underhoooking the arm, then attack the armcrush or reverse udegarami... I get completely perpendicular, basically is the same position as you end up in a normal ryangle. Today I got one guy who defended the arm crush by grpping the inside of his tight, I was still able to underhook the arm and get in position, he wouldnt let go so I went a little lower on his elbow, he tapped from some sort of omoplata pressure and also, the pressure I was putting on his face/neck was too much he said... he wasnt going to go to sleep, but he felt like his face was going to explode. I guess using the stomp and curl motion really puts a shit ton of pressure on the head of your opponent...

does any one else have success with this counter?

Is this Gi or no Gi?. I normally just weave my legs in and look for a back take I believe Gerbal posted a video on it a while back.

Is this Gi or no Gi?. I normally just weave my legs in and look for a back take I believe Gerbal posted a video on it a while back.

no gi... That would work, if the person isnt attakcing the armcrush, once the person has an underhook on your arm, its pretty hard to get out, theres no way to weave the leg from that position, remember that im not staying square infront, im all the way perpendicular to him, exactly as you would end up in a regular Ryangle.... is not the triangle finishing the move, is the armcrush/omoplata pressure (in case the person defends the armcrush by gripping his inside tight), although, the pressure on the face/neck it totally helps.

Back