Media Atrocity Guide: The Fall of Phoenix Jones

InfinityLens

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Haven't watched the whole thing but she always has great content. So far it's good (I'm like 10 minutes in).

I had forgotten all about him for a while until news broke about his arrest at the beginning of this year. I'll definitely give this a gander.

Thanks TS, will definitely watch this later. A documentary about this guy akin to the Tiger King would be FANTASTIC. Seriously, this is one of the more off the wall characters of our time.

Shame, he was ahead of his time. The super suit and ski mask now would blend with social distancing.

from wikipedia:

Phoenix Jones
is an American real-life superhero. Initially wearing a ski mask to intervene in a public assault, Fodor later developed a full costume and adopted "Phoenix Jones" as a pseudonym. From 2011 until its dissolution in 2014, Jones was the leader of the Rain City Superhero Movement, a Seattle, Washington based citizen patrol group that described itself as a crime prevention brigade.

Jones says the best way to prevent getting mistaken for a criminal by the police is to wear a "supersuit", although local police have expressed concern that the strange costumes may lead to emergency calls from citizens who mistake the "superheroes" for criminals. Jones says that all members of the Rain City Superhero Movement have a military or mixed martial arts background.

Jones is also a mixed martial artist signed to World Series of Fighting, where he has fought at two catchweights, which included fighting his older foster brother UFC, Strikeforce and ONE Championship fighter Caros Fodor.

Yea superhero lol...bustin college kids for public intoxication...

Coulda used him here in the Chi

Back