Atama Goldweave

asphyxia

Orange Belt
Reaction score
anyone have experience with it?
I'm particularly fond of goldweave gis. My current favorite gi is the Venum Power Gi.

Is there a goldweave that has embroidered patches like the Mundial 9? I like the look of the Mundial 9, I just wish it was Goldweave.
I had a Mundial 9 and it was a little big on me. I'm 6'0", 185lbs. Would the A2 be too small? I'm guessing the A2 would fit out of the box but I'd have to be extremely careful not to shrink it.

I'm 6'1/6'2 175 and the A2 in the Mundial 9 fits me, sleeves might be borderline too short. You may be able to get into an A2.

Best to email Renata/Atama. They respond very quickly.

last time I checked the Atama Gold weave has the seam down the back. At $160cad I was going to get one of these but once I saw that they had a seam in the back I went in a different direction.

I can recommend checking out Redstar Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gi Red Star Kimono they make great Gis and their Light model has a gold weave jacket without a seam in the back. Check out the website for pics and specs, and the Light model only runs at $140 all in (tax and shipping).

FWIW, I think the Atamas w/a seam down the back have a more tapered fit and I don't notice it when I'm on my back.

FWIW, I think the Atamas w/a seam down the back have a more tapered fit and I don't notice it when I'm on my back.

With a seam down the back a Gi is easier to tear, because all the force of pulling on the lapels goes right to that seem. which is why a lot of people dont like or avoid a Gi with the seam down the back, comfort isnt really an issue.

With a seam down the back a Gi is easier to tear, because all the force of pulling on the lapels goes right to that seem. which is why a lot of people dont like or avoid a Gi with the seam down the back, comfort isnt really an issue.

First I've heard of that. Has anyone ever actually had a gi tear back there? I've heard people complain about the seam from a comfort perspective, though.

I have an atama goldweave im 5'10 157 and an a2 fits me a lil big, even after shrinking it. Its nice and comfortable and I would recommend it

i ended up changing my order of the new gold weave to the mundial.

fighter's market has a 10% off labour day sale going on right now, with the discount the mundial is essentially the same price as the new gold weave after tax.

Back