at what age does the body stop bulking out?

coulsdonbadboy

The Tunisian Bullcrap Monkey
Reaction score
im 17 and currently weigh 157 pounds and stand 5ft 10 i was wondering if this is gonna be my adult weight or does the weight gaining process continue. I would consider myself quite light as i eat a ton of food and exercise frequentlly, i know everyone is diffrent but i hear contraditary stories about men stopping growing at 21 and 18, that is why i ask this question!

it is impossible for anyone to say because it depends on the individual. i had a growth spurt around 15, then grew a bit more about 19-20.

also, it depends on how much you eat, how well you eat, and if you're doing sports or weightlifting heavy.

Every person stops growing for eternity the moment they turn 18. If you don't get jacked in the next year, you're going to be puny for the rest of your life.

Just workout and eat right and you'll answer your own question.

Every person stops growing for eternity the moment they turn 18. If you don't get jacked in the next year, you're going to be puny for the rest of your life.

Amen. Better get cracking TS.

You probably won't get much taller, though if you're lucky you'll hit 5'11''. You will definitely get bigger one way or another though. Keep lifting hard and it'll be bigger in a good way.

I reached my adult height of 5'8 around the age of 15. But I continued to gain another 45 pounds or so.

Your height could change and your weight will change with age as your ****bolism starts to slow down I was a thin kid growing up and as time went on I noticed that eating everything like I used to began to affect my body weight.

hahahahaha

IM pissed cos I was accused of being small at 13, had a growth spurt at 14 and just about stopped growing once i hit 15. I was 5ft 10 for life.

Strange this is Im considerably older now and I seem to be 5ft 11 and on a good day 5ft 11.5. Perhaps u do gain an inch or so in your 20's????!!

If I was supposed to stop growing when I was 18, I better go to the doctor and get this 45 pounds checked out.

Hey I had my growth spurt and hit puberty when I was like 13 14 was proberly bigger than all my friends and had the most pubes when I was like 12 lol. but now am19 and am only around 5,8 any one think ill grow a inch or 2?

You probably won't grow taller but you will be able to grow wider. I stopped growing taller at 14, but I have steadily been gaining weight and becoming wider ever since. I'm kind of a goofy looking person, and I am man enough to admit it.

I'm about the same as Sean. I stopped gettin' taller when I was about 15 or so, but within a year I got wider (and fatter, since I did nothin' then). I've generally been within about 10 pounds of what I weighed when I graduated HS, although my body comp has changed since I started liftin' and such.

Back