Aspinall will break the HW record of consecutive title defenses

BrunswickMAF

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Do you feel the thread title is true or false?

Personally I think he'll tie the record and then get KOd, HW is a dangerous division hence the record being 3 title defenses.

He's only 30 and is much much better than anyone else in that division. Not only does he beat the record, he'll destroy it baring injury or a lucky punch. He beats Jon Jones right now as well imo, and I'm confident in saying that.

Last edited:
In HW everyone has a puncher’s chance. He should fight Gane next

HW will always be the hardest division to put a streak together in because even if you are the exponentially better fighter, all it takes is one big punch and it's game over.

That being said, barring that happening, or another freak injury, if anybody is going to beat Stipe's record, Aspinall is the guy.

He's a true generational talent, moves like a 155er, ridiculous hand and foot speed. Fantastic head movement, good power even for HW, great on the ground. More importantly than all of those though, is he makes fantastic decisions under fire, which is incredibly rare but even more rare at HW, that will take him further than everything else will. He has everything and he's still only 30.

No. He doesnt beat any good fighters aside of Volkov and Sergei.

He beats Jon Jones right now as well imo, and I'm confident in saying that.

Jon Jones is undefeated, but i understand typing his defeat only in Sherdog allows you to cope with this hard fact.

It's funny how the most hated fighters always lose in members' messages here but never in the actual world <seedat>

Last edited:
Jon Jones is undefeated, but i understand typing his defeat only in Sherdog allows you to cope with this hard fact.

It's funny how the most hated fighters always lose in member's messages here but never in the actual world <seedat>
Yeah, it's really unnecessary to try and predict that fight since Jon's will only fight the old man who's on a losing streak.

Yeah, it's really unnecessary to try and predict that fight since Jon's will only fight the old man who's on a losing streak.

Too bad Aspinall got TKOed by Blaydes, he could have had his title shot sooner instead of Gane otherwise <seedat>

Do you feel the thread title is true or false?

Personally I think he'll tie the record and then get KOd, HW is a dangerous division hence the record being 3 title defenses.
Bloody hope so. haven't been this happy in a title win in ages. We need a blockbuster UK card in May (here's to hoping Leon wins)

I’m split on if he will break record. If he doesn’t fight jones I think he has a good chance. He just beat the monster of the division.

I don't see anyone beating him from the current roster.

TKO'ed? Lol, good one.

Indeed, he lost by TKO and a TKO appears on his resume.

If his body is fragile, it's not Blaydes' problem. He was healthy before the fight and hurt himself during the fight.

He lost, not from the most conclusive way sure, but still a loss. Now move on.

He has 3 losses already....sure he looked great last night and could be improved from his losses, but he lost to blades in Jul 2022 regardless of how. He did eat a few shots from Pav and seemed unfazed, but I wouldnt claim him the best ever yet.

Indeed, he lost by TKO and a TKO appears on his resume.

If his body is fragile, it's not Blaydes' problem. He was healthy before the fight and hurt himself during the fight.

He lost, not from the most conclusive way sure, but still a loss. Now move on.
More like a freak accident than fragile. You move on, you're grasping and have been since we've started.

Jones is the one out with an injury btw, could have just as easily happen in a fight. You make no damn sense.

Back