News Aspen Ladd vs Macy Chiasson now rebooked for UFC event, Oct. 2nd

Hope she doesn’t fuck up the weight cut this time

Uhh that's not what happened. Macy got hurt

Hurt with an undisclosed injury the day before weigh ins?

uh huh. That’s called an attempt to save face to avoid making weight

Why was this dropped from the last card again?
it was finally revealed several days later as Macy Chiasson had aggravated an existing stress-fracture of her foot in a final training session like the day before weigh-ins. She said she couldn't even walk so she was forced to pull-out of the fight.
So I'm guessing they asked Chiasson how long it needed for it to be fixed and this is why it's 2months down the road.

Hurt with an undisclosed injury the day before weigh ins?

uh huh. That’s called an attempt to save face to avoid making weight
Oh, I thought you were referring to Ladd.

And its not undisclosed anymore, btw

Oh, I thought you were referring to Ladd.

And its not undisclosed anymore, btw

Oh it isn't. Thanks

Stress fracture in her foot... that she didn't realize was a problem until a few hours before weigh ins?

I'm still smelling some bullshit. I'm always skeptical of late pullouts day or two before weigh ins. Unless it's an act of god type thing of Ferguson tripping over cables

Although that trip was probably also due to him lacking coordination by being so dehydrated like they are

it was finally revealed several days later as Macy Chiasson had aggravated an existing stress-fracture of her foot in a final training session like the day before weigh-ins. She said she couldn't even walk so she was forced to pull-out of the fight.
So I'm guessing they asked Chiasson how long it needed for it to be fixed and this is why it's 2months down the road.

A stress fracture led to her dropping the fight. I like how serious she is with her health but it isn't like she's running a marathon or sprinting around the ring. I've had a stress fracture but I imagine there are faring degrees of pain with this injury.

Someone famous once said, "nobody at this level is 100%."

<Fedor23>

A stress fracture led to her dropping the fight. I like how serious she is with her health but it isn't like she's running a marathon or sprinting around the ring. I've had a stress fracture but I imagine there are faring degrees of pain with this injury.

Someone famous once said, "nobody at this level is 100%."

<Fedor23>
I do agree it seems odd that this kinda long-term injury held up through hard training and then literally the day before weigh-ins it all became too much. Seems ...odd. But....I mean I guess we have to take her word for it. Just one of those things. At least the fight is rescheduled.

Back