ASMR

squeezewax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I finally did a search and found out what it stood for:
Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response.
Sometimes referred to as brain tingle, brain orgasm,auditory induced head orgasm, low grade euphoria.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_sensory_meridian_response

I looked it up because i kept reading people's comments about UFC fighter, Jojo Calderwood's incredibly delicious voice. People were saying her voice would be well suited to ASMR. It's true too!

I've experienced this kind of feeling very occasionally over the years. Sometimes a voice just seems to connect in a particular way, doesn't have to be a female's voice either, which is worrying![i'll have to mention this to the therapist!]
I wonder if more males or females get this feeling?

I imagine everyone has experienced it? If you have, what was the stimuli?
I've read that it's not just a voice that can induce this feeling but other things as well.

For a little while, I was usung "Bore yourself to sleep" stories on Youtube to help me crash. Kinda worked. I can't even keep a fucking window up on my comp currently though because of some virus.

I thought that was just for hot chicks to show off their tits while pretending they are not just showing off their tits.

When I was taking an SSRI I got free brain zaps every day!

I like her voice, it's very cute and sweet, especially with the little Scottish accent.

It creates an interesting dichotomy since she is a tatted up bad ass that beats the shit out of other girls for a living.

Now, while her voice is pleasant I didn't know it would classify as ASMR. Isn't ASMR supposed to evoke some kind of sensation to the listener?

few other threads on this.. but it works on me, i get tingles... some people it doesnt. i watch it a few nights a week to go to sleep.

Natural sounds like rain, thunder, ocean waves, wind through treetops and so on give me that nice relaxing ASMR feeling. Rain is probably number one for me.

Those voice ASMR youtube videos give me the creeps. But then i hate human voices.

I remember the only place you could hear that type of sound was at disney in the 90s. They had asmr booths where all the sound effects in the recording you were listening to was hyperrealistic and it gave you goose bumps. Now all it is is listening to people eat. Fucking stupid.

It’s super gay and if you are into you are a fucking loser. Asmr and anime seem to attract autstic dorks

So you've never at any time in your life heard a lovely female voice that relaxes you and makes you feel all gooey inside? You're missing out on something nice.
[yt]

I finally did a search and found out what it stood for:
Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response.
Sometimes referred to as brain tingle, brain orgasm,auditory induced head orgasm, low grade euphoria.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_sensory_meridian_response

I looked it up because i kept reading people's comments about UFC fighter, Jojo Calderwood's incredibly delicious voice. People were saying her voice would be well suited to ASMR. It's true too!

I've experienced this kind of feeling very occasionally over the years. Sometimes a voice just seems to connect in a particular way, doesn't have to be a female's voice either, which is worrying![i'll have to mention this to the therapist!]
I wonder if more males or females get this feeling?

I imagine everyone has experienced it? If you have, what was the stimuli?
I've read that it's not just a voice that can induce this feeling but other things as well.
I love her voice. She also wasn’t a basic attention whore on TUF. Wish her the best.

I've been listening to ASMR for more than 5 years now, long before it became the mainstream phenomena it is now.

I listen to eating/whispering/rain ASMR videos to sleep or relax quite often.

people hate on it bc they assume its creepy. honestly, it helps me calm down and relax.

Back