• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Askren wont fight again

Felsh

57-0
Banned
Reaction score
I highly doubt he will rise from the most devastating and embarrassing fall i've ever seen a man take in the ufc.

Won some good cash tonight thankgs "George"

Aldo got KOed in 13 seconds in the biggest title fight in FW history after verbally getting destroyed for months by someone he referred to as a "Joker". But Aldo came back and had some great wins. Relax.

Depends if he remembers anything, might be irrelevant to his confidence.

Chael losing to Anderson Silva II was worse, he came back. Conor vs Khabib was worse, Conor hasn't came back yet, we'll see.

Aldo got KOed in 13 seconds in the biggest title fight in FW history after verbally getting destroyed for months by someone he referred to as a "Joker". But Aldo came back and had some great wins. Relax.
Aldo wasnt put in a walking coma

That was some wild, vicious stuff right there. Flatlined almost immediately and then hit with two or three more shots in the two seconds it took Herzog to get over there.

Masvidal is a bad man. Give that dude a title shot.

i'm sure he'll fight again, but talk about cracking a chin.

"Aldo got KOed in 13 seconds in the biggest title fight in FW history after verbally getting destroyed for months by someone he referred to as a "Joker". But Aldo came back and had some great wins. Relax"
1514561629416s.jpg

He also probably won’t ever be able to feed himself again

I think he'll come back.
Ben doesn't seem like the type to ponder on losses to much.

Did you really just compare Ben Askren to Jose Aldo?

Ill never understand how a ko by itself is embarrassing. Ben didn’t get beaten around for 15 minutes and emasculated. His brain gave out on him and he lost the fight. Says nothing about his toughness.

I guess I just have a different criteria for an embarrassing fight. Something more along the lines of Ronda-Holly is what I consider embarrassing.

The only reason I think he would stop right now is because of a) something ultra-critical in terms of brain injury, or b) doing a calculus of his chances of ever getting a title shot with X number of wins and deciding he doesn't want to walk that path back up again, since he has said he only came back to fight the best and prove he's the best.

Well im sure he will be back, cant wait for the interview, hes gonna sound like evander holyfield

Apparently Askren has a wife and 3 kids. I wouldn't hold it against him if he retires right away.

He should go back to being Tyrone's wrestling tutor

I think he will. If he'd gotten beat down for 3 rounds he could conclude he's not that good and retire. A 3 second perfectly timed knee leaves questions.

one of my top 3 fight outcomes of all time

Back