Asking Sherdog: Should the GOAT poll be restarted?

Why would it be different? And no, we don’t need a useless poll to get the same results. I guess you can simply remove ped cheats from it. That’s a good idea.
Why would a new poll bother you unless you were vested in the results coming up different?

And why in the world would you think the results would be the same 4 years later?

If that was the case they should stop holding elections.

<JackieThumbsUp>

Sure, why not, I will vote for the same guy I did the first time
b0iuaks680v31.jpg

If it's greatest of ALL TIME, then it kind of makes sense to put into consideration what people voted at all times, otherwise it's not greatest of all time, but greatest in hindsight

Why would a new poll bother you unless you were vested in the results coming up different?

And why in the world would you think the results would be the same 4 years later?

If that was the case they should stop holding elections.

<JackieThumbsUp>
Quote where I said I was bothered. Lmao. Nothing significant has happened to require a new poll. Hilarious comparing elections and goat polls.

The poll is set to allow users to change their vote. So if you voted for someone last year but have now changed your mind, you can change your vote.

I think the past 2 years has only proved that the GOAT discussions don't need to be updated. GSP, JJ, MM, Aldo, Anderson's legacies were only proven stronger in recent mma.

Every time someone wins a belt and looks good all you fanboys jump on and call them the GOAT because they had one or two good performances. In the last year and a half we have seen Usman, Izzy, Nunes, and Shevchenko all take loses (and not crappy decisions, all finishes). These were all super dominant champs and being spoke of of the new GOAT or divisional GOAT. Some of them may still be but it only goes to show how truly great these top 5 were. Having a few dominant fights is great but as far as GOAT discussions go we should be talking about a career not a handful of fights. If we want to talk about a handful of fights then we can hand pick some beauties from each great that are just as dominant if not more. And yes Khabib fans, I'm talking to you as well.

No, because you would see just the results of posters of today.

It's a poll for the GOAT, not greatest of the year.

Things change in MMA.

People now have a different perspective from when they first voted and probably half the people who voted are not active anymore.

Just asking for fellow Sherpinions.

<JonesLaugh>

<KhabibBS>
lol no. Sherdoggers blow with the wind; everyone will be the GOAT after any big win; Jones is riding a temporary high right now.

We need a recount due to recent events, and an ever changing world that is becoming more and more accepting of athletes of color.

Recency bias is a thing, new watchers is another one.

Hard to make a real all time GOAT poll that actually takes everyone's opinion of it. could be done by combining results of various polls in some way i guess

Yes it should be. I vote an annual GOAT poll. Not really accurate to have a poll of the GOAT candidates span 2 years when one of them is still fighting and adding to his legacy.

Half the people who voted are probably no longer active here and many people are too lazy to change anything. Start fresh. New results.

and lol Nobody mentioned Khabib but now that you bring him up, he did have the same amount of title defences as Fedor in arguably the best division in the UFC, and that 29-0 record is looking even sweeter after his beat up guy Islam bodied Oliveira and he won coach of the year, not to mention the undefeated Nurmagomedov gene running in Umar and Usman.

Hell, I just might vote for him because I think he's the best fighter on the list.
You literally put Jones and Khabib in the OP...

Yeah, you'll vote for him cuz you're a braindead noob

Who cares anyway ? A poll on Sherdog is irrelevant to the general public <36>

Back