• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Asking Irish people about McGregor

Everyone with half a brain knows he's mostly just acting over the top to sell fights.

Only retards get so riled up by his trash talk and spend every waking minute clicking on Conor threads and posting pics of him getting choked out by Nate. Sad little bastards.

This forum is flooded with Conor threads so of course people will click them that means nothing. If people really believe that everything he does is strictly for show then they are morons for quoting him constantly and spending enormous amounts of time talking about everything he says and does. That is pathetic.

This forum is flooded with Conor threads so of course people will click them that means nothing.

But why enter the thread and respond? Why bump it to the top of the page? Why not just ignore it?

If people really believe that everything he does is strictly for show then they are morons for quoting him constantly and spending enormous amounts of time talking about everything he says and does. That is pathetic.

People are just having a laugh when they quote him because his lines are funny and memorable. It's all in good fun :)

What's pathetic is his haters that take every effortless bit of trash talk he comes up with so seriously "OMG he's so disrespectful!" That's how he sells fights! It's the easiest job in the world getting so many geeks worked up and paying money to see him lose. It's funny that most.....well.....really every other UFC fighter is too dumb to figure out something so simple. Or maybe they do get it but they're so devoid of charisma and a personality and the ability to back up their trash talk that they can't do what Conor does.

he has balls to ask for the biggest money fight possible, against a 40 year old guy who hasn't had a legitimate finish since 2007? (Victor Ortiz in 2011 doesn't count, since Floyd won via suckerpunch.)

It's still an MMA fighter calling out one of the greatest boxers of all time who fought less than a year ago.

He could get badly embarrassed but still wants to take that risk. Of course money is a motivating factor. It's the fight business after all but he's still putting his image and reputation on the line and we've seen how he's bounced back after being humiliated in the past. You have to give credit to the dude whether you like him or not.

He's yuge in the old country. Instead of having Irish inch ....... he packs n inch an a half.

Legit asked this to a group of Irish women I met in Vegas in June 2015. This was a month before he was going to fight Aldo but ended up pulling out and Mendes filled in (UFC 189).

They were all drunk and so was I. I remember them saying he's a very talented prick. At least he seems like a talented arrogant prick, and that one day he'll get what he deserves because every fighter has their day.

Very cool women from what I remember.

<mma4>

Conor's a bit of a tool and his antics have gotten old....however that press conference where he came with the fur coat and the red sweater (like that boxer guy) was pretty funny. The photo of him looking at Stephens always makes me chuckle.

I'm sure he's a great guy without the persona, it's just that it's funny when he does the gimmick, not his fans

But why enter the thread and respond? Why bump it to the top of the page? Why not just ignore it?

Not sure what the point is here, why not respond? Disliking Conor or not caring one way or the other doesn't change that there are a ton of threads on him and sometimes you might have something to say in them. Is there a rule that only Conor fans can comment in Conor threads?

People are just having a laugh when they quote him because his lines are funny and memorable. It's all in good fun :)

They sound dumb especially when its over and over and over again. You can't say that he is only for show so don't take anything he says seriously and then quote him all day long like its all you care about.

What's pathetic is his haters that take every effortless bit of trash talk he comes up with so seriously "OMG he's so disrespectful!" That's how he sells fights! It's the easiest job in the world getting so many geeks worked up and paying money to see him lose. It's funny that most.....well.....really every other UFC fighter is too dumb to figure out something so simple. Or maybe they do get it but they're so devoid of charisma and a personality and the ability to back up their trash talk that they can't do what Conor does.

Conor is sometimes a douche to his opponents whether he means it or not. Trash talk can help you sell but it can also make you look like an ass. Especially when he talked so much trash on Nate Diaz only to get choked out.

He brings shame to Ireland and created a stereotype of Irish people as loudmouth drunks who like fighting

Most people here like his fighting ability, but think he's a cringeworthy cunt.

He brings shame to Ireland and created a stereotype of Irish people as loudmouth drunks who like fighting
LAL. That stereotype has been there for centuries.

You are the biggest moron on sherdog...and that takes some doing.

I have friends who live in Ireland and are from Ireland. He is regularly referred to as a pikey, a knacker, and lots of other words the "better off" Irish use for low class white trash.

Those are their words. Don't shoot the messenger.

And I heard Notre Dame college is now calling themselves the "Fighting" Irish. Thanks for creating the stereotype, Conor.

And I heard Notre Dame college is now calling themselves the "Fighting" Irish. Thanks for creating the stereotype, Conor.
Yep, their Fighting Irish logo looks suspiciously like him. Before Conor came on the scene it was "Writing Irish" and a cartoon of James Joyce.

Went to Kerry, Ireland. Some people liked him. Some people disliked him. Went to the last UFC in London. A bunch of people were wearing Conor shirts.

I met a guy from Ireland and had to ask. He said Conor was just like any typical guy from the suburbs at the outskirts of town, where it's pretty poor and they don't even care about road maintenance and stuff. Didn't sound like he was too much of a fan, just for that reason alone lol. He also said they had loads of gypsies there though, which made me think he was just bullshitting me, haha. Since I've heard before that Ireland is pretty strict when it comes to non-white immigration?

Back