Ask Ernesto Hoost.....

NuTzOnSwOll

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Guys, im heading out to Calgary for a 2 day seminar by Mr. Ernesto Hoost on October 16th.
K1-Stars has kindly allowed me to have a short interview with The Perfect One !
I plan to keep it short and sweet and to generate the most interest and to make the most of this very rare opportunity i'm putting out an open call for...........WHAT IS THE ONE QUESTION THAT YOU WOULD ASK ERNESTO HOOST ?

No stupid questions like "How did winning the K1-WGP feel ?" or "Do you like Buakaw/Brock Lesnar/Stone Cold Steve Austin ?" or "Whats a low kick ?"

Lets ask something that hasnt been asked before. The man has a long ,deep understanding and experience of the fight game.
I want to ask him something that , hopefully, hasnt been asked before. Something that makes him pause for a second and go "Hmmm...."
I have a few in mind ,just havent fleshed them out yet. Something to do with his overall fight philosophy and the overall direction where K1 and K1 style (Showtime) is heading.

The best (not necessarily the most popular) will be included in my list and asked ,by me , with full recognition to the author.

This message will also be posted in K1-fans and Muaythailand. The interview (verbatim) will posted up in Sherdog (first) then the other two forums a day later, after all , im mostly on this one anyways !

This post will be bumped once a week,every week till we have our list.

Cheers !

Last edited:
"WTF happened with Bob Sapp"

haha j/k, but honestly that's what I'd really want to ask him if I had ONE question I could ask.

Real question: "People like to distinguish Muay Thai into Thai Style, Dutch style. What do you think of the different styles of Muay Thai and how do you think the style has changed/will change since being brought to Holland, especially now that Dutch fighters also compete MMA often?"

Lucky S.O.B
Sorry, even through the internet I'm too star struck to think of a question.

I think a good question would be:

As a successful and legendary K1 champion, what would your advice be to young up and coming fighters looking to make it into the K1 arena? What is the best career path to take to be invited into the K1.

Thanks Nutz.

Do you think Alistair Overeem's success in K-1 speaks poorly of the sport?

Do you think Alistair Overeem's success in K-1 speaks poorly of the sport?

A guy who trains out of Golden Glory succeeding in K1 isn't really far fetched IMO, if it were say Brock Lesnar then that would look poor on K1, but Overeem is a legit striker out of GG, i'm sure Hoost would say the same.

A guy who trains out of Golden Glory succeeding in K1 isn't really far fetched IMO, if it were say Brock Lesnar then that would look poor on K1, but Overeem is a legit striker out of GG, i'm sure Hoost would say the same.

^ truly.
AO has been training in KB since a very young age with other very talented fighters in one of the best countries for the sport.
Funny how some ppl (noobs) think hes some jumped up Pride rejectee !

:icon_lol:

I think a good question would be:

As a successful and legendary K1 champion, what would your advice be to young up and coming fighters looking to make it into the K1 arena? What is the best career path to take to be invited into the K1.

Thanks Nutz.

Oh man i can just hear his answer..."Just win all your fights and put on a good show !"

keep 'em coming though........we have a month to come up with some good questioms.

"WTF happened with Bob Sapp"

haha j/k, but honestly that's what I'd really want to ask him if I had ONE question I could ask.

Real question: "People like to distinguish Muay Thai into Thai Style, Dutch style. What do you think of the different styles of Muay Thai and how do you think the style has changed/will change since being brought to Holland, especially now that Dutch fighters also compete MMA often?"

I think i remember him saying one time that he wasnt too impressed with the 'Thai' style.
Too rigid and too dependant on special scoring and gambling.

keep 'em coming though........we have a month to come up with some good questioms.
It's hard when you imagine he has probably been asked every question imaginable.

Where did he learn his dance and does it help with his fighting?

Where did he learn his dance and does it help with his fighting?
icon_arrowu.gif
TS wanted good questions... and this absolutely delivers.

Also, ask him what he does to condition his shins!

"How was your first ever kickboxing practice?"

"Did you get beaten up in your first sparring session?"

"Ever felt like you wanted to quit?"

"Whats better....Boxing or Muay Thai?" :icon_twis

Maybe you could ask him if he enjoys MMA and if so which fighters he enjoys watching fight.

It's hard when you imagine he has probably been asked every question imaginable.

Well fuck i havent read them.
Most always ask the same dumb questions :

Q) How did winning the K1 WGP 4 times feel ?
A) Horrible....I was so disgusted and angry I woke my wife up and punched her in the mouth.

Q) How did your shins get so hard ?
A) Well, i dont like to reveal secrets but Johan Plas learned this special technique from an old man in Thailand.
You dip your leg in battery acid, then you go to a metal lampost and kick it 5 times as hard as you can. The acid and metal react to form a special layer. Do this twice a week only.

Q) Do you like fighting in Japan ?
A) Yes. After a fight i like to take 4-5 Japanese girls to my hotel and we pretend Im Bob Sapp attacking Tokyo.

:rolleyes:

Well fuck i havent read them.
Most always ask the same dumb questions :

Q) How did winning the K1 WGP 4 times feel ?
A) Horrible....I was so disgusted and angry I woke my wife up and punched her in the mouth.

Q) How did your shins get so hard ?
A) Well, i dont like to reveal secrets but Johan Plas learned this special technique from an old man in Thailand.
You dip your leg in battery acid, then you go to a metal lampost and kick it 5 times as hard as you can. The acid and metal react to form a special layer. Do this twice a week only.

Q) Do you like fighting in Japan ?
A) Yes. After a fight i like to take 4-5 Japanese girls to my hotel and we pretend Im Bob Sapp attacking Tokyo.

:rolleyes:

lol I have to try that orgy thing. sounds fun

Back