Elections Asian Americans vote dem by a wide margin

My guess is that while many Asians do tend to lean socially conservative, they are also educated enough to understand that Republican economics are for retards.
Or it's more likely ethnic self-interest. Asians, Muslims and Jews all vote mostly Democrat. Muslims are far more conservative than your typical White Christian conservative. Asians are conservative but not like Muslims conservative. Voting GOP means there is a real chance Asian immigration would be lowered. Also the Dems are more apt to pick or appoint Asian Americans for cabinet posts or as elected officials. Jewish Americans reliably support Dems and liberal policies but support Nationalist policies for Israel and hawkish against Israel's perceived enemies.

Pakistan isnt in the middle east.

What does this have to do with the point I was making? Are you okay with the term Asian refering to billions of people too?

What a waste of time thread.

In British English, "Asian" means South Asian, West Asian, Middle Eastern, basically any brown person. The Brazilian immigrant who was mistaken for a terrorist and killed after the 7/7 attacks was referred to as "Asian". Whereas in American English, Asian means East Asian, people with clear Mongoloid features.
It's a really interesting thing when you think about it. Americans find it weird that Asian is used to literally mean all of Asia (+the ME) but they literally use African in the same way. It's just an interesting window in how regional uses of language differ.

The main factors that make Asian's lean towards Democrats:
- They tend to be focused in Urban areas
- They are typically non-religious
- They are turned off by Evangelical and racist/xenophobic identity politics
- Cultural bias towards altruism for the elderly and poor

The first one could be overcome pretty easily. The other 3 are fundamental parts of the GOP platform to oppose.

Asian Americans have been Democrats for a very long time, despite having traditional value sets.

And that should tell most of us something about what "conservativism" and the GOP have really been selling as their party values. When people talk about the dog whistle politics of the GOP and the Southern Strategy that worked to align racists and xenophobes with normal conservatives for political purposes, this is the end result. Asians who should vote GOP for business and economic reasons don't because it would require voting alongside people who feel negatively about those Asians and their families.

It's not a great trade off to get a tax break while being told that you and yours aren't real representatives of the country that you're living in.

How is the first one overcome?

Outreach? I dont view urban centers as forcing someone to have liberal views. The GOP doesn't work towards them nearly as hard though.

The other things seem alot more important to why the GOP does poorly with asians. I think if they didnt criticize having an education, didnt act xenophobic and didnt try to dump the elderly on the street, a huge number of asians would turn to them.

But they would lose the white identity vote, which is a poison pill for them

What do you mean by "conservative values"? Education, hard work, and good careers? You might have to rethink whether those are "conservative" or "liberal" values in 2018 because educated whites are also trending Democratic in the US.

Something about the GOP becoming the party of literal morons.
Views on drugs, crime, LGBT, taxes, public spending and even immigration issues

It's funny. They vote Liberals here in Canada mostly, but their values are pretty conservative if you spent significant time with them.

everyone with conservative values, hell values in general, should be voting on the right. the people who vote on the left think everything is worth valuing, thus valuing nothing.

everyone with conservative values, hell values in general, should be voting on the right. the people who vote on the left think everything is worth valuing, thus valuing nothing.
What if I value universal healthcare?

What values does the modern gop portray. Literally none whatsoever.

I’m not sure I understand what your post is trying to say

That's easy to say but you have groups with very strong values voting on the left. It's a simplification that serves no purpose at all. http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/asian-americans-vote-dem-by-a-wide-margin.3867261/page-7

The GOP has lost ground with every ethnic group, except white. That means the most educated and the least educated groups don't vote right. Those are groups who believe very strongly in specific things. Dems haven't lost Asians but the GOP has. And those Asians aren't joining the Dems, they're going Independent.

The GOP has lost the claim to being the best educated party. Neither party has a seen a change in their HS party affiliations, it's basically 50/50. It's in college educated and post-graduate voters that the GOP has seen a double digit drop in affiliation.

And the education gap is true even among white voters. HS numbers haven't really changed but college and post-grad whites have consistently moved from the GOP to the Dems.

Religion? White religious people vote right. Black religious people vote left. Hispanic religious people vote in the middle.

It's increasingly not an issue that the left doesn't believe in anything but that what the right believes in is alienating smart, educated people of all backgrounds and religions.

yea, I don't really care how they vote.
I just wish they'd learn to drive better.

It's a really interesting thing when you think about it. Americans find it weird that Asian is used to literally mean all of Asia (+the ME) but they literally use African in the same way. It's just an interesting window in how regional uses of language differ.
I lived in England for a short time. I only ever heard "Asian" being used to refer to people from South Asia/Indian SubContinent. East Asians were "Oriental" or "Far Eastern" or referred to by their national origina (eg: Chinese) .

Outreach? I dont view urban centers as forcing someone to have liberal views. The GOP doesn't work towards them nearly as hard though.

The other things seem alot more important to why the GOP does poorly with asians. I think if they didnt criticize having an education, didnt act xenophobic and didnt try to dump the elderly on the street, a huge number of asians would turn to them.

But they would lose the white identity vote, which is a poison pill for them
The correlation between urban centers and a rejection of Conservatism is probably not coincidence. We probably agree that the white identity politics, as well as policies that exacerbate income inequality and cut services like the social safety net, public transportation or education, are going to be less popular in urban areas than rural areas. I don't think outreach is going to solve that inherent gap. The policies are just don't make sense in urban areas.

Last edited:
Asian is too broad a term nowadays. Anyone see the new Brit Netflix show The Bodyguard?

Policeman talking a would be middle-eastern suicide bomber in a hijab out of blowing herself up on the train. Policeman tells train guard over the radio, the identity is Asian. Guard on the other end responds knowingly without clarification.

Not once in the 8 episodes (as good as a show as it was) did they clarify between Southeast, South, West, Northwest and Northeast Asians.

So, in the linked article, it's one big grouped entity. And I know there are numerous ethnic and religious divisions that do not want to be linked with the other. Just because the name on the article is Margaret Fung does not negate the fact that purposeful obfuscation is occuring like never before.

exhibit A:

Joe McPherson aka Jihad Joe's typical basement dwelling armchair enthusiast response.

in the 90s is when I learned the folks in England etc. refer to South Asian folks as "Asians" too.

"nowadays..". hilarious.

Of course Asians vote Democrat. They are good at math and Republican economic theory is BS at best.

I grew up around a lot of asians. I noticed they(along with the browns like indians, arabs etc) have been the latest to catch the leftist cuck disease. They used not to have such a victim culture but now it's starting to show up and it's ugly.

There’s a slight difference between the parties that puts Asians in the Democrat camp. It’s how you want corporate fascism delivered to you. Do you want it delivered by a Princeton educated, Goldman Sachs criminal or do you want it delivered by racist, nativist, Christian fascist? Asians stress education so side with the educated fascists.

If you're Asian and you vote for Democrats I want to have a word with you, mother fucker

Cm2kUrjWgAA-VKH.jpg

Back