• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Artwork tribute to Hawaiian fighters.

Didn't know that bro, thanks for that tidbit.

Though both losing efforts, his fights against Chocolatito and Gallo Estrada are two of my favorites ever. Wouldn't be the instant classics they are without the "Hawaiian Punch".

Gotta be up there with Manny Pacquiao for most KO's over Mexican fighters, killer.

The late Emmanuel Stewart said it once during a live broadcast, that Viloria had the hardest knockout power compared to his Olympic Teammates, pound for pound.

Good likenesses on most. You don't really see the Inoue Bros grouped or mentioned with the other guys. In the old days, seeing them in Japan felt like big time.

Where's Falaniko Vitale?

No Rachael Ostovich, Ilima Lei MacFarlane or Louis Smolka, pretty sure he's Hawaiian. A ton missing really. Some of those guys UFC signed and churned out whose names escape me as well.

One of our braddahs made this cool piece. Hope you all enjoy. How many of you can name the legends in the piece?
View attachment 876166
I lived in Hawaii for 22 years.....lived up the street from BJ...I was training for Honolulu marathon, maybe 1993-94 and would run up Puueho and head toward Wainaku Terrace Apts where I lived. BJ had a heavy bag on a little lanai on the side of the house and occasionally he and his friends would be out there talkin and I'd come huffin and puffin up that street, drenched in sweat and they'd look at me like "who dis crazy haoli running hottest part of the day"? I knew Lorraine. I'm in NY now, miss the islands, but my filipino wife likes NY so, whatever. Aloha

6IdKozW.jpg

Love me the local 808 scrappers. Always pulling for them. No macfarlane on there either. No Angela lee on there either. Pound for pound IMO no other place in the world produces better mma fighters than Hawaii. For such a small place there are so many good fighters. A lot of kids grow training some kind of mma discipline there. I lived there for 6 years and got to see it first hand.

no love for Falaniko Vitale?
Braddah his absence in that photo is in no ways a diss to him or anyone else you dont see. Thats just what the creator made. As I said most of us is related in the photo through blood or marriage. I also know he is going to create some more. Would have def loved to see Rachael and her father on there as well. Hawaii has always had talent and its cool to see generations of fighters together on something like that. I would love to be able to put on a exhibition event. Do some MMA, Grappling, BJJ, boxing and have all the older braddahs like myself compete against the new generation and each other. It would be a dream if we could make something like that happen out here. I just dont know how the logistics would work with contracts with braddahs in UFC, Bellator and One. I think something like that would be talked about for years.

his nickname means he's part Hawaiian.
Yup part Hawaiian part haole. There are a lot of people in Hawaii who are hapa. And mixed with
Braddah his absence in that photo is in no ways a diss to him or anyone else you dont see. Thats just what the creator made. As I said most of us is related in the photo through blood or marriage. I also know he is going to create some more. Would have def loved to see Rachael and her father on there as well. Hawaii has always had talent and its cool to see generations of fighters together on something like that. I would love to be able to put on a exhibition event. Do some MMA, Grappling, BJJ, boxing and have all the older braddahs like myself compete against the new generation and each other. It would be a dream if we could make something like that happen out here. I just dont know how the logistics would work with contracts with braddahs in UFC, Bellator and One. I think something like that would be talked about for years.
I was on a island jumper flight back in 2007 sitting across from him on a flight from Maui to Oahu. Couldn’t stop thinking about how swole that dude was. I think he was going to one of the rumble on the rock fights.

falaniko Vitale is missing in this pic
Yea braddah. I know hes the one everyone calling out on. I know FB is the same. First name everyone says. I know braddah going to create more. So Niko gotta be on da next one.

Awesome pic. Tbh I can only name like 8-9 of them just by looking at them now

Back