Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by supersudo, Dec 15, 2005.

1. supersudo

supersudo Purple Belt

something i've noticed that almost EVERY SINGLE powder has in its ingredients is acesulfame potassium or acesulfame K (ALL the cytosport powders, and MANY whey and weight gain powders)

and according to this website, it's even worse than aspartame and sucralose (splenda).. but their supporting facts lack strong backing IMO... btw this is a great resource i've found as well :wink:

http://www.holisticmed.com/sweet/

they also have go into aspartame and splenda if u wana read about it :D

i guess stevia is the way to go for ALL-Natural and non tumor-causing sweetener

2. Chad Hamilton

Chad Hamilton Amateur Fighter

Jay Robb
    IronTek (new formula, not sure what it's called.)

There are a few more but these are the ones I know of that use Stevia.
    Don't worry Sudo, from what I've heard there will be many more varieties of powders with more sweetner choices.
    I've known about the facts you stated, however, for an hard training athlete it's difficult to not supplement so sweetners are often overlooked.
    I love to bitch about it because I feel like I'm fighting back against "the man." But in reality, I have 2 servings of chemical sweetners per day.
    Ho-hum.

3. Zeirhk

Zeirhk Green Belt

FUUUUUCK. I just bought 15 lbs. of protein, and I chose Ace K as sweetner. Should've stayed with stevia...

4. Duncon76

Duncon76 Blue Belt

I am not surprised. Stay far away from any powder drinks. Eat good food.

5. yomon

yomon Green Belt

agreed, the body is made to consume food that occurs naturly in nature. deviating from this in any way has reprocutions. if you want to see fast good gains, eat a diet free of proccesed foods.

6. supersudo

supersudo Purple Belt

personally, i think powders themselves aren't the problem.. it's the chemicals manufacturers put in them.. would u say the same thing about green powders? what about spirulina powders?