News Article Implies Khamzat Cannot Enter The US And Could Fight For Title In Saudi Arabia In March

mryonson

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...-cant-enter-united-states-to-claim-title-shot
- Info reportedly from Khamzat’s coach
- Khamzat has visa issues and is having trouble entering or straight up cannot enter the US
- Will struggle to claim title shot unless at special Saudi Arabia event in March
- Khamzat and UFC trying to workout special travel arrangements through the UAE
- Relationship with Kadyrov could be part of the issue

Could be an issue worth keeping an eye on for the progression of the division. If Khamzat were to dethrone Strickland title defenses could slow down considerably unless more events abroad were added. May be partly why UFC just recently struck a deal to bring more events to the Middle East.

They might as well make the Saudi card the 299 ppv

At the press conference when the question was asked by Indian media about UFC possibly coming to India Khamzat interrupted Dana and said "I can fight there."

He said it almost as if to suggest OH YEAH! I FORGOT! I'M CLEARED THERE!

I picked up on it right away and I'm surprised MMA Media and IslamophobDog errr Sherdog didn't pounce on it.

He clearly can not compete in the US and it's anyone's guess if he can compete on most European cards. They are going to try to make it like it's some big event specially done overseas but the reality is dude can not fight stateside. It also explains a hell of a lot about the last 12 months of inactivity from him.

If enough of you cry I'll embed the video but it's pretty easy to find just get to the part where the Indian dude asks a question.

EDIT:

If embedding the part doesn't work it's at 22:21 of the press conference.
His quote now that I'm not going off memory is: "I can fight there, I fight there before in india. I did fight there"

I read that too. No worries for khamzat though UFC did a deal to go to Abu Dhabi often. I'm sure it's already in the works Q1 2024 khamzat vs Strickland and Islam vs Olivera 2 there again.

Why? Strickland should defend at home if Khamzat can’t make it then they should pick someone else.
Chimaev can basically only fight in arab countries. So unless the Middleweight champion is also arab then the UFC will be forcing the actual champion to fly to whichever arab nation can host Chimaev due to his passport issues. So if they want Strickland or DDP or Whittaker or whoever is Middleweight Champion to face Chimaev they will have do to it not in front of a home crowd. But likely on Fight Island or whatever. As Chimaev's passport issues are clearly more leverage with the UFC......than actually being the champion.

UFC is pushing Chimaev heavily. He just got a majority decision against an unranked fighter on short notice and is now going from unranked to contender #1 for the belt. No chance that the UFC will not push Strickland to fight in Dubai or whatever. They might even threaten to strip Strickland or push Chimaev into an interim belt to try to legitimize him going for the undisputed belt. They don't care about the sport anymore it's all just a big circus.

They need arab fighters with belts on them if they want to sell TKO to the Saudi investment group which is the rumor going around.

I don't blame Khamzat, but he should really apply for asylum in the west. hanging out with Kadyrov is liable to get him blown up or hung when the Chechnyans take their country back from Russia and the Kadyrov puppet.
Why would he apply for asylum when he's buddy buddy with the dictator he morally and religiously aligns with? Lmao. Kadyrov is MASSIVELY popular in Chechnya, with or without Putin. He's a muslim populist strongman in a country that values people like him. If Kadyrov gets popped, it's because one of his generals convinces the others to coup him via him being seen as weak, and an even more ruthless one pops up that gifts Khamzat 4 mercedes instead of 3.
Your view of global affairs is...narrow...

Will suck if Chimaev can't fight in the US any more but UFC is doing enough events in England, UAE, Saudi Arabia etc that they should be able to work around it without too many problems.

To many BS speculations all tho there are many more UAE, England, Canada, Australia venues etc etc cards but that part where he can't enter the US is BS.

I remember last december they were saying he can't enter bla bla he was in New York training at the same gym as Neil Magny

Last edited:
Chimaev can basically only fight in arab countries. So unless the Middleweight champion is also arab then the UFC will be forcing the actual champion to fly to whichever arab nation can host Chimaev due to his passport issues. So if they want Strickland or DDP or Whittaker or whoever is Middleweight Champion to face Chimaev they will have do to it not in front of a home crowd. But likely on Fight Island or whatever. As Chimaev's passport issues are clearly more leverage with the UFC......than actually being the champion.

UFC is pushing Chimaev heavily. He just got a majority decision against an unranked fighter on short notice and is now going from unranked to contender #1 for the belt. No chance that the UFC will not push Strickland to fight in Dubai or whatever. They might even threaten to strip Strickland or push Chimaev into an interim belt to try to legitimize him going for the undisputed belt. They don't care about the sport anymore it's all just a big circus.

They need arab fighters with belts on them if they want to sell TKO to the Saudi investment group which is the rumor going around.
It's been done before. Islam went to Australia to defend against Volk. Charles to abu Dhabi to defend against Islam. Aldo went to Canada to defend against Homminick. Many brazilians defend against americans in the US. Strickland would also fight anyone anywehere, he is a company man that accepted fights in short notice against tough prospects to save events. Iz normal.

I do think DDP deserves the titleshot but that's another story.

I don't blame Khamzat, but he should really apply for asylum in the west. hanging out with Kadyrov is liable to get him blown up or hung when the Chechnyans take their country back from Russia and the Kadyrov puppet.
Asylum from what? The dicator that keeps buying him cars and rolexes? his family already got to sweede via asylum but he decided to go hang out with a dicator and now apparently is getting paid to live in Abu Dhabi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back