Article: I am adam lanza's mother

Discussion in 'Weapons and Tactics' started by Lug's Spear, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lug's Spear

Lug's Spear Green Belt

I was listening to gun talk radio on my commute today and they mentioned this article. It's about a mother who struggles to find help for her son who exhibits behavior similar to adam lanza. I myself am a grad student in the mental health field and it definitely reinforces some of the frustrations that are currently taking place regarding insurance.

http://gawker.com/5968818/i-am-adam-lanzas-mother

2. TripLikeIDo

TripLikeIDo Green Belt

3. ultramanhyata

ultramanhyata Gold Belt

This woman clearly needs to bring a lot of firearms and ammo into her house. And leave them unsecured.

Guns don't shoot people. People shoot people. But people can't shoot people if they have no guns.

4. Lug's Spear

Lug's Spear Green Belt

Yeah so they stab with knives instead, you're missing the point

5. HAILTHELEAF

HAILTHELEAF Brown Belt

Gee never heard that outlandish argument before.....and the POINT is that you don't kill 20 pepole with a knife.....

Texas1Willy2 posted this the day after the shooting BTW....what, 3 weeks ago. Not trying to be a dick, but...

6. Lug's Spear

Lug's Spear Green Belt

ohhhh really, i googled 2012 knife killing and look what I found. Guess I missed that post by Texas, props to him then.
    http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...nife-at-elementary-school-gates-in-china?lite

People kill others regardless of what is available to them.

7. HAILTHELEAF

HAILTHELEAF Brown Belt

Ok buddy. Get in reality. Pull up whatever articles you want and make whatever arguments you wanna make. I've heard all of them before....I live in Tennesse where guns are a way of life for people from the time they are born, and everybody hunts. I own three guns....

I am not however so blind that I can't see that guns make it a hell of alot easier to kill someone. I know you think you are making some groundbreaking point of "guns don't kill pepole, people kill people", and "people will kill someone with a spoon, should we ban them too."

You must not have been around after the connecticut shooting because it's been discussed to the point where all gun control threads are combined in the War room.

Like I said, I've heard all the gun nut arguments my whole life, you're not breaking any new ground....they all grasp at straws too.

these are the types of outlandish arguments the NRA makes, and it's what makes normal, rational gun owners look rediculous.

8. Lug's Spear

Lug's Spear Green Belt

What is so outlandish about it? I have just given you clear evidence that it occurs and not only that but it has occurred LAST MONTH in this news report. You are being sucked into this false hope that banning guns means no more killing. I don't venture out of this subsection very much aside from BJJ or strength/conditioning so I have missed what is going on in the war room.

9. HAILTHELEAF

HAILTHELEAF Brown Belt

Listen, if you think I want guns banned, you are sadly mistaken. I own a smith and wesson .38 snubbie, a ruger P89 9mm, and a Mossberg 590 semiauto 12 guage.....

However, I'm a realist. If I wanted to go to say Jackson's MMA for instance(or any pro MMA gym) and hurt or kill some people, well I'd probably get my ass kicked. If I went in there with a knife, I might would cut somebody pretty ogo, maybe even fatally before I was stopped. If I went in with an AR 15 with say a 30 orund magazine, I could take out everyone in there. theoretically speaking of course.

the point is a gun makes it ALOT easier to kill a larger number of people.

10. finnegan

finnegan Mountains and Fleas

How did you make a Mossberg 590 a semi-auto? That is a pump action shotgun. I would like a picture of your steampunk 590; if at all possible.

11. thefirstemporer

thefirstemporer Overdone and dry! Platinum Member

He meant to say full-auto, with optional nuclear grenade launcher. Dude may have guns, but it looks like he's never even touched them.

12. HAILTHELEAF

HAILTHELEAF Brown Belt

I meant a 930....i used to have a 590 as well. you gun geeks are a special breed.....:rolleyes:

13. HAILTHELEAF

HAILTHELEAF Brown Belt

Again, I don't masturbate to my guns like some of you seem to do here. Yes I know how to handle them, I shoot about once every two or three months, sometimes more often..........Again, I'm sorry I don't worship them. then, I don't really need to hold a gun 10 times a week to feel secure with myself so I can't really relate....

14. thefirstemporer

thefirstemporer Overdone and dry! Platinum Member

I haven't shot in 1 year. I don't have a surplus of ammo or magazines. My guns are not that expensive. I've gone months without looking at, handling or maintaining my firearms.

But, it is my right to own them, to protect myself and my family when needed and to not have to be treated like a psycho/criminal just because I own them.

15. SignalZero

SignalZero Blue Belt

The gun-control argument is laughable...

Saw a statistic on the MADD website that nearly 27 people a day (average of course) are killed in alcohol related automobile related crashes...

That's just the deaths...I wonder how many crash survivors out there are paralyzed or disfigured...

Not to mention all of the violence (especially domestic related) that stems from alcohol abuse...

Spouses abusing their partners, parents abusing their kids...

Sexual assaults on college campuses...

No one gives a fuck...

Like the article said, this country is full of stupid fucks who can't see the forest from the trees...

Always looking for the easiest solution...narrow minded and simple...and lazy.

I'll give up my second amendment right just as soon as they criminalize alcohol...

Let's add tobacco to the mix, too, since its use claims so many lives every year...

Hell, every time a 737 crashes, 180 people die...maybe we should limit how many passengers a commercial jet can carry...

16. Fury

Fury in the flicker Staff Member Senior Moderator

This isn't the place for this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.