savemgs

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
WAR!!!!
D3hhp38WkAMOhr7.jpg

D3h0G5nWAAASiCM.jpg

D3iQ8OxWwAAfhDu.jpg

I wonder how they feel to actually compete in a real sport that got rid of all the shit no one wants to see, like grappling and figure four leg locks and all that dumb mma shit.

Jason Knight kind of looked like that before the fight already though.

Boxing without all the skill, and twice the cuts.
What's not to love for the JBG crowd.

this is why no one good will ever compete in it. also puzzles me that there are no 10-8’s for knockdown rounds

PPl use to say that for mma 2.
and they’re right. the most talented marketable combat athletes are boxers. different situation though. mma isn’t necessarily more dangerous or likely to cause injury. bare knuckle boxing is.

and they’re right. the most talented marketable combat athletes are boxers. different situation though. mma isn’t necessarily more dangerous or likely to cause injury. bare knuckle boxing is.

Name one active boxer that does bigger PPV numbers than Conor McGregor?

Name one active boxer that does bigger PPV numbers than Conor McGregor?
That's assumed that Connie mcgoober isn't inactive. Now let's look at those numbers.

I love mma but it's being carried on the back of a shit cunt but shouldn't be.

That's assumed that Connie mcgoober isn't inactive. Now let's look at those numbers.

I love mma but it's being carried on the back of a shit cunt but shouldn't be.

I hear you mate, just for the sake of debate.

I hear you mate, just for the sake of debate.

I think you're right.

But also for the sake of debate, if McGregor were a boxer and not in a centralised marketing machine such as the UFC - I don't think he's 10% as popular as he was. The right man in the right place etc.

But also; if my aunt had a pair of bollocks she'd be my uncle.

I'm sure the reality of this bullshit has dawned on Paulie now, if he's not getting 500,000+ call in with a doctors note.

Looking at how beat up the people get I wonder if there will ever any true career BKB athletes. How are you going to compete more than twice a year when your face gets so cut and torn up in every outing?

I feel like it's going to be more of a place for older fighters to go and make some quick cash on their way out of their respective sports rather than BKB having a legit active roster.

Looking at how beat up the people get I wonder if there will ever any true career BKB athletes. How are you going to compete more than twice a year when your face gets so cut and torn up in every outing?

I feel like it's going to be more of a place for older fighters to go and make some quick cash on their way out of their respective sports rather than BKB having a legit active roster.

My mate fights for BBKB and has had 3-4 fights in the last year iirc. Hes was a good amateur boxer but he is tough as fckin nails, so it suits him. He can out tough guys that are better than him. Hes also been lucky not to have any injuries that have kept him out for a length of time, mainly because he wins most of his fights.
Personally I'm just not a fan. Like you say, the best fighters will not compete unless they are old and need some money. I don't like seeing guys cut to shreds and the chance of an injury is fckin huge compared to boxing. And the talk of McGregor having a bareknuckle fight with Paulie is absolutely preposterous; it will never happen

I wonder how they feel to actually compete in a real sport that got rid of all the shit no one wants to see, like grappling and figure four leg locks and all that dumb mma shit.
BKB a real sport?

More like gratuitous brutality for sick fucks to watch.

My mate fights for BBKB and has had 3-4 fights in the last year iirc. Hes was a good amateur boxer but he is tough as fckin nails, so it suits him. He can out tough guys that are better than him. Hes also been lucky not to have any injuries that have kept him out for a length of time, mainly because he wins most of his fights.
Personally I'm just not a fan. Like you say, the best fighters will not compete unless they are old and need some money. I don't like seeing guys cut to shreds and the chance of an injury is fckin huge compared to boxing. And the talk of McGregor having a bareknuckle fight with Paulie is absolutely preposterous; it will never happen

I must admit I've never watched a match or know the sport at all so maybe I shouldn't be passing my opinion along just yet, but I would guess that on the whole at least the chance of CTE is reduced slightly. You only have to look at the pictures at the top of the thread to be horrified, of course a normal person will shirk away from such bloody messes. But maybe as with MMA, the less padded gloves will do the fighters a favour in the head department.

The fighters will be going through a lot of facial stitches, and hand, wrist and elbow surgeries but maybe they won't be taking the same amount of damage to their brain as their gloved brothers and sisters.

Maybe eye injuries will be a big cause of concern, as we see in MMA. But even those gloves part close your fist.

Back