• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Art is Dead

Drunken Meat Fist

Veni Veni Veni
Senior Administrator
Reaction score
I laughed at the hoopla about the stink of postmodernism deconstruction having a way, or believing the identity politics truly infiltrated the colleges, to the degree. Harold Bloom isn't everybody's cup of tea, but he knows a little bit, and Charlie Rose, with his pants on asked the equivalent if it was a mortal wound, is it something we can come back from. ....x......\\

Barring Cormac McCarthy, who's writing literature that means anything. Who are the poets jumping out to you,changing your fucking mind. Who is painting shit that haunts your dreams. When's the last time you saw the DeerHunter, heard a note that sent a shiver up your spine. I'm not cynical, ...what would you call it. ...

What's the last book you read, the last album that screwed you up,..genuinely

What's the last book you read, the last album that screwed you up,..genuinely

Hannibal, Mason Verger had a sister on steroids that wasnt in the movie. Guess everyone really is on steroids like Nate said.

Nick Land, Alain Badiou, Jaridne Voigt, Bela Tar , Shanxing Wang, Julie Meredtu, Ben Monder, Reza Negarestani, Quentin Meillassoux, David Lynch, Ray Brassier...

There's no shortage of amazing new trends and forms of thought. The idea that postmodernity and identity politics killed art or novel thinking is part of the "end of history" dialectic which we have well outlived.

Last edited:
UFC discussion....? Im going with...wait...do we have any KO artists these days? Art is dead!

Hannibal, Mason Verger had a sister on steroids that wasnt in the movie. Guess everyone really is on steroids like Nate said.

That book was rushed. There's a lot of worthy shit I think, to me, but if was so rushed for the opportunity of the hype. It was a plant I was in for the whole game, but he didn't deliver the sister. That would've fleshed out shit like you want, he could've twisted some nuts. He's a great writer. Next to the Shining, It's the best psychological fiction since Ambrose Bierce, and I'm not trying to be something, man you give the devils their due. When they fall short, you're entitled to wanna pick your heroes up. Just an opinion, I've it and enjoyed it every time. Red Dragon is a stand alone, and Brian Cox in Manhunter, he's a giant, a Shakespearean Giant. How do you follow Hopkins before Hopkins. It's one of the greatest nuanced nonchalant psychopathic menace. How do you suit up for what he did when if was just a shitty little film with no budget. You get to be the man before the man. Thanks genius. Brian Cox could've done Silence, you can see it. Have your read Black Sunday, Bruce Dern was a fucking dynamo, but the book was good, it's seems cheese, but the time, ... nevermind

Shame the deer hunter is a shit movie

A movie based on a fallacy that you can be good or lucky at Russian roulette. They would have all died

Back