Arnold Allen calls out Edson Barboza

Allen isn't great at all. His best win is a split decision to Amirkhani and he was getting dominated by Mads Burnell
And? Burnell is an elite fighter who fights nothing like Barboza.

And? Burnell is an elite fighter who fights nothing like Barboza.

Mads burnell getting cut made no sense, and as expected he's only kept winning outside of the UFC. That guy was solid everywhere and had great timing on his takedowns. How Allen did against grapplers like burnell and Makwan has no relevance in a matchup against barboza, despite the fact that he still managed to beat both of them.

repeat of the hooker fight basically, he should fight more than once a year

That was one of my favourite fights. Barboza at his best!

But Allen gets it done. He doesn't get enough credit. He gets better every fight, he put a clinic on against melendez.

Barboza has hardly destroyed anybody as of late, rather he's gone to close decision after close decision, then had one clear decision against Makwan, who he probably should have destroyed. Historically, Barboza doesn't let his leg kicks go as much against southpaws and sticks with boxing, as he did against southpaws like Makwan and Dariush. This plays into Allen's advantage as he's a southpaw with a great counter left.

I think it would be a close fight with both guys having their moments, but I doubt anyone gets destroyed.
I wish he would use his body kicks more against southpaws. That KO over Dunham was clean AF, not to mention when he throws them on the pads it looks perfect.

Back