Armored transport (Brinks, Garda, etc)

EyeOfNewt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Are these decent jobs? What is it like? Met a couple people working this, and after we spoke briefly i got the impression that police academy rejects end up doing armored truck transport. Is this a bad impression?

cliffs: is this just fedex with guns?

Low paying jobs and at risk for violence. It’s low paying because a monkey could do it.

those dudes dont have guns for show, if you are a menace they'll shoot your ass

I wouldn't risk my life guarding someone else's money for $15 bucks an hour.

There are better paying security jobs. Try to get a job that does GSA certified security on a federal contract for the government. In the DC area, some pay close to $30 an hour.

Last edited:
I get money delivered to my company and I can share some useless tidbits. There's 3 people in the armored truck. The driver, the guy who sits in the back of the van doing nothing , and the money slave (guy who walks out to deliver the money). The truck is a giant tin can. Whether it has air conditioning or heat for the winter I don't know. The money slaves are well tempered and are polite when handing over the money. This may or may not be a reflection of the company treating their employees well.

I get money delivered to my company and I can share some useless tidbits. There's 3 people in the armored truck. The driver, the guy who sits in the back of the van doing nothing , and the money slave (guy who walks out to deliver the money). The truck is a giant tin can. Whether it has air conditioning or heat for the winter I don't know. The money slaves are well tempered and are polite when handing over the money. This may or may not be a reflection of the company treating their employees well.
What sort of amount of money would warrant armed ppl to deliver it? Seems useless. There have been armed robberies but i don’t recall any incident when guards shot back.

Last edited:
It's a low-paying job, and you will hate coin collectors.

Back