International Armenia and Azerbaijan agree on ‘historic’ return of villages

If you're a third world shithole who wants high tech Western weapons but have a crappy human rights records and most Western countries won't sell you arms for that reason you can always count on Israel to sell you weapons with no questions asked.

The only exception is Iran for...well, obvious reasons.
Hey man they are your muslim brothas show some respect

Off Topic but Turks and Azerbaijanis devastated by Arman's win against Charles lol

I thought that Israel would be wary about selling weapons to Azerbaijan in the first place. But Israel rejected US's request not to sell arms to Azerbaijan. This begs the question whether Israel is a useful US ally/proxy if it blatantly undermines US positions.
Well Azerbaijan is trying to become more friendly to the West but you still have a point, they have a questionable human rights record. Israel has also sold weapons to the Chinese so their status as ally to me is suspect.

As for the question of Azerbaijan, their tension with Iran seems to be in part due to the ethnic question. Both are Shia majority but there are many coethnic Azeris that live in Iran opposite the border with Azerbaijan.

I’m kind of surprised that turkey and Azerbaijani haven’t teamed up yet to straight up invade Armenia. Probably waiting for them to leave CIS.

I’m kind of surprised that turkey and Azerbaijani haven’t teamed up yet to straight up invade Armenia. Probably waiting for them to leave CIS.
it's poor and worthless.
not worth the gas money.
plus it's always great to have a poor neighbor. it keeps the population in check. "look how bad those guys have it, our life's not that bad".

Armenia is one of those countries that serve as an example why it's fucked to be small, without exit to sea, poor, too proud to suck some big daddy off, and utterly convinced you are culturally meaningful.

Armenians do very well in the diaspora. I'd say the main fight Armenia has on its hands is simply maintaining the bonds it presumably has with the diaspora, because in the long run that appears to be its only lifeline.

You should look up statements made by politicians in both those countries about Armenia and you'll understand what the long term goal is.

Well Azerbaijan is trying to become more friendly to the West but you still have a point, they have a questionable human rights record. Israel has also sold weapons to the Chinese so their status as ally to me is suspect.

As for the question of Azerbaijan, their tension with Iran seems to be in part due to the ethnic question. Both are Shia majority but there are many coethnic Azeris that live in Iran opposite the border with Azerbaijan.
I got mixed up. You're right that Azerbaijan was getting warmer with the west and selling them oil.

I thought that Israel would be wary about selling weapons to Azerbaijan in the first place. But Israel rejected US's request not to sell arms to Azerbaijan. This begs the question whether Israel is a useful US ally/proxy if it blatantly undermines US positions.
Maybe is a valuable proxy to sell arms were the US isnt able to due to bad PR.

You should look up statements made by politicians in both those countries about Armenia and you'll understand what the long term goal is.
Could you possibly say what these are exactly? Would really like to know what you point is exactly.

Could you possibly say what these are exactly? Would really like to know what you point is exactly.

12121.jpg

Back