arm triangle

flikerstance

floridaman
Banned
Reaction score
whos good to look at online for good arm triangles? I feel thats my weakest sub and wana look at some other ideas on it can someone post some good variations

Thales...

Thales%2BLeites%2BChokes%2BOut%2BTim%2BBoetsch%2Bby%2BArm%2BTriangle%2BChoke%2BUFC%2B183.gif

YouTube some free Ryan Hall Arm Triangle videos...

If you don't have Ryan Halls dvd, pick that up instantly. It's probably my favorite Hall dvd and that's saying something.

Other than that:

[YT]TCOXwqVePsY[/YT]

[YT]z0NH-k1IEz4[/YT]

Estimainaction also has some great stuff!

Really? This is a very simple and useful choke. All you do is flatten yourself out to the ground. This is because the flatter you are, the lower your shoulder is, and the lower your shoulder is, the lower your bicep is / the more it's pressing onto his neck. Also keep your forearm flat on the ground- you can do it with your elbow off the ground but it will never be as effective

whos good to look at online for good arm triangles? I feel thats my weakest sub and wana look at some other ideas on it can someone post some good variations

Ryan Hall's arm triangles set is a must have. It covers in super heavy detail all the main types of arm triangles as well as a lot of details that are just useful for positional control from the top.

Really? This is a very simple and useful choke. All you do is flatten yourself out to the ground. This is because the flatter you are, the lower your shoulder is, and the lower your shoulder is, the lower your bicep is / the more it's pressing onto his neck. Also keep your forearm flat on the ground- you can do it with your elbow off the ground but it will never be as effective

Lol, come on man....... There's a little more to it then "flattening out". How about keeping your head right and forehead ON THE MAT? Tis kinda important!

Lol, come on man....... There's a little more to it then "flattening out". How about keeping your head right and forehead ON THE MAT? Tis kinda important!

I disagree, when you're flat your head will already be on the ground. All your head really needs to do is stay ear to ear to prevent his arm from escaping

try it without gripping your hands, even better keep the non-choking hand well away, it forces you to get the arm into the right position, bring the shoulder in tight, forearm flat, and you can use the other had to base out on.

then once you are secured, keep your head and arm in place and try get out to 45 degrees from your opponent to cinch it up.

John Will does an awesome seminar on them. Don't know if its online somewhere.

I like to set it up by first going for a keylock. A lot of times the opponent will stretch his arm straight out directly by his head to defend in which case I immediately begin to apply the choke.

Back