arm is killing me

skinnyhb

White Belt
Reaction score
yesterday at bjj, i got caught in an armbar as i was falling back and i caught myself on that arm while locked in. needless to say, it didn't feel great. i can bend it, but it hurts pretty bad when i straighten it all the way, bend it at 90*, and when i try and push with it. any idea what i have done to myself or what i should do about it?

sounds like you hyperextended it give it a week you should be fine

not rocket science but stick some ice on it and take it easy for a week

if it was seriously popped out you'd likely know about it

if it doesn't get better after some rest, do yourself and your arm a favor and see a doc. You may have torn ulnar or radilal collateral ligaments. Just take some time off and rest it and see how it does.

rest a week take some advil and ice it if its not better by then see a doc

It appears that you have hyperextended your arm. The best thing to do is rest and ice. Also you should try bending it back and forth gently inside the pain range on a regular basis as this can speed healing. But the best thing to do would be to see a physiotherapist or maybe a doctor.

common injury for new guys in bjj...
Dont fight the armbar, know when your caught and tap..

and everyone else gave good advice.

RICE is the way to go..

I wouldnt roll untill it starts to feel better or youll regret it when someone catchs the arm again.. just go do tehcnique and take it easy.,

I can relate. I am just a white belt but I have been obsessed with escaping the armbar. As the matter of fact I let whitebelts put it on me so I can try out some escape techniques I am working on. So far the only one that works (sometimes is stacking).

Now after you have rested. Please do not go back to class until a week after you feel fully cured. If you have ligament damage even in the slightest. It will be reaggrivated once you find yourself in an armbar again.

So my suggestion is do some cardio, aerobics, swimming to stay active. If you do go back to class. Just do the skills part and avoid rolling.

All good pieces of advice - Additionally a linament like DDJ or dit jow stinks but will help with the soreness.

FStep said:
rest a week take some advil and ice it if its not better by then see a doc

Best advice. The Advil will help it heal faster and relieve the pain.

happens to all of us, i drove home with my arm out the window cuz i couldnt support the weight of my arm by itself, coudlnt even pour a glass of OJ, give it a week and a half, youll be ok

Nate Pringle said:
All good pieces of advice - Additionally a linament like DDJ or dit jow stinks but will help with the soreness.
yeah get some Cryogel.. its the best working and smelling stuff out there.

Ice always that night. Ice will be your friend the following day

ya, its been a few days and it already feels much better. but luckily im just starting a trip in the mountains, so i have an excuse to stay out of hte gym.

Back