arm cranked at jits practice

jacksonheights

White Belt
Reaction score
and elbow is sore like an MF'er today. Anything you guys do besides giving it time?

Advil (Ibuprofen), and plenty of it, Ice, elevation, it will hurt minimum 2 weeks. :) Mine still is tender 2 months later haha.

And dont roll with retards who think it the last round in a title fight. There are no winners or losers in free practice, there is NO reason to crank on a sub, esspecilly an arm lock, just lock it up then reset.

And dont roll with retards who think it the last round in a title fight. There are no winners or losers in free practice, there is NO reason to crank on a sub, esspecilly an arm lock, just lock it up then reset.

QFT

LOL. Last night I was in the process of setting up an armbar, didn't even have it locked in, and this dude SCREAMS like I've just broken his arm. The whole class stops and looks over for a long time as he lays there acting all hurt. Then he's suddenly like, "ok lets go," all serious.

He gets "hurt" like this pretty much every class. Funny how that works. Never seems to keep him out, even for 10 minutes. It's like he has this superhero ability to heal instantly.

Truth is he cannot stand to lose. It's weird and sad.

Sorry for mini-jack.

I agree but sometimes accidents happen - I got kimura'd to high hell because I was fighting pretty hard a couple weeks ago - when he finally broke my grip he was pulling so hard it just over extended.

Frozen peas / corn > ice in my opinion

LOL. Last night I was in the process of setting up an armbar, didn't even have it locked in, and this dude SCREAMS like I've just broken his arm. The whole class stops and looks over for a long time as he lays there acting all hurt. Then he's suddenly like, "ok lets go," all serious.

He gets "hurt" like this pretty much every class. Funny how that works. Never seems to keep him out, even for 10 minutes. It's like he has this superhero ability to heal instantly.

Sorry for mini-jack.

There's one in every gym.

how do you know he just didn't spaz out and refuse to tap?

I agree but sometimes accidents happen - I got kimura'd to high hell because I was fighting pretty hard a couple weeks ago - when he finally broke my grip he was pulling so hard it just over extended.

Pretty much the same here. Thought I had it out and then at the last moment got it cranked because we were both fighting hard.

and elbow is sore like an MF'er today. Anything you guys do besides giving it time?

Dont call it Jits, its proven by science that calling it that will make people want to hurt your arm, and your own arm will even want to hurt itself because you sound so silly saying it.

rest, ice, compression and for me naproxen (aleve) helps since it is anti inflammatory and a pain killer.

how do you know he just didn't spaz out and refuse to tap?

Good point! there are a lot of times i will release an armlock even if there is no tap, if i know i got it. My ego is small so i am not into all this makem tap crap.

I've had both of my elbows pop in the last few months. I just used ice and ibuprofen and its helped quite a bit. My left elbow is still sore and still gives me trouble sometimes though because I've never let it heal completly I guess.

Sorry for mini-jack.

I actually thought that was pretty funny...idk maybe its jut me

Back