Arlovski vs Barnett is the HW fight to make

ShreddinMMA

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Two finishers, both well rounded and both on a career slide. Both coming off losses.

This fight already has a storyline, as this was the original co-headliner of the 2nd Affliction card that later became Fedor vs Arlovski.

I know both guys are on a skid, but this is one of those classic HW match ups that never aligned in the last 10 years...until now. It makes sense, both guys are on the decline but still have 1 to 2 fights left in them.

That would be an awesome fight.

Think Arlovski would put Barnett out at this point.

Werdum/Stipe
Rothwell/JDS
Cain/Overeem
Hunt/Browne
Arlovski/Barnett

That's a pretty good way to sort things out.

Barnett looked very tentative against Rothwell, not sure what his strategy was but I think he and Andrei are pretty much done.

I'm in. Let's just put them both on the UFC HW legends tour and see if one of them can get 3 wins in a row for the TS.

Barnett looked very tentative against Rothwell, not sure what his strategy was but I think he and Andrei are pretty much done.

Exactly.

That's why this fight is so good. Both guys still have a good fight left in them. They are both on their way out. It's a fight between two old school guys who just manged to miss each other for 10 years, despite fighting in the same orgs multiple times.

Tentative?
Did you see Ben's face?
He was just playing it smart and won both round one and on his way to two, before he got choked.

Cro Cop vs AA would be perfect right now if USADA didn't shit all over everything.

I'd like to see either match-up (AA v. Barnett or AA v. Crocop) for old-times' sake. And it's unlikely that either fight would lead to a dull HW decision.

What is Crocop's status (besides being retired) re: USADA? I mean he admitted using something but then tested clean.

Ben was the only one eating shots in that fight.
I haven't watched the fight again, but live I was worried about Josh's confidence. He looked super tentative to me, which was weird because Rothwell is no striking God. I will always root for Barnett, though.

I haven't watched the fight again, but live I was worried about Josh's confidence. He looked super tentative to me, which was weird because Rothwell is no striking God. I will always root for Barnett, though.
Agreed, he looked to me like he was fighting a both patient and smart fight b4 he made the mistake of staying on that TD for so long. Shit happens, same way I felt when Stipe KO'd AA....disappointment!

This fight HAS to happen before they retire. I also want to see Arlovski vs Overeem and Overeem vs Barnett.

What do you mean tentative he was winning the stand up in the first round I would say and I am a fan of Rothwell

Barnett had some good success with his hands the jab especially, Big Ben just grabbed that neck and wouldn't let go

Think Arlovski would put Barnett out at this point.

Werdum/Stipe
Rothwell/JDS
Cain/Overeem
Hunt/Browne
Arlovski/Barnett

That's a pretty good way to sort things out.

Awesome line up with every fight making sense! Barnett is my favorite current fighter, but I don't like his chances against AA. I think AA would TKO him. Would still be a fun fight though.

I'd like to see either match-up (AA v. Barnett or AA v. Crocop) for old-times' sake. And it's unlikely that either fight would lead to a dull HW decision.

What is Crocop's status (besides being retired) re: USADA? I mean he admitted using something but then tested clean.

I'm pretty sure since he admitted usage he's done, regardless of the test.

Back