• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ariel says it's Romero's camp holding up the fight being made official.

cutting weight for another 20-30 minutes to lose that weight is a LOT to have to recover from if you are already drained. Which is why the .2 matters for a title fight. What if in those .2 lbs of cutting his kidneys fail and he has to be hospitalized? Holding up to your end of the contract is to be expected. Whitaker made weight, Romero should have to as well. They could make it non title and if Romero wins just run it back for the title in a trilogy.

That said, he should have had the remaining time.

If reports are correct that the Doctor was ok with Yoel continuing to cut, the commission stepping in is bullshit. Fuck them

Alright, but he didn't...Then he was promised more time and they took back their word...Fuck that shit....that isn't right.

For all we know, this commission made a bet on Yoel not making weight and that's why they didn't allow him more time.

Told you have 2 hours
Cut short by a whole hour when you are 0.2lbs away

Don't know how people can't see why he'd be angry and want an explanation

except its already been shown that there was 1h55 minutes between his first weight miss and his second weigh in..

the weigh-ins were filmed and are on youtube. you can see exactly what time he weighed in each time

there was 1 hour and 55 minutes between his first and second weigh ins

It's not about the rules. It's about doing what you say you're going to do. He signed a contract with two different championship opponents and now twice in a row hasn't lived up to it while they managed to keep their word. Doesn't matter if it's .2 or 20 lbs. He said he would do something and then didn't. The contract with Rockhold and Whittaker was for 185 pounds. If he didn't feel like he could make that, he shouldn't have said he could. No one is forcing him to fight at 185. No one else screwed up his weight cut. All he had to do was keep his word or not give it in the first place, especially considering he just missed weight. That is all on him, so a dock in pay for him or any fighter who can't keep their word is more than fair.

lol @ dropping that paragraph with Whitaker in your avatar.

First weigh-in 2 h 04 m in the video

Second weigh in 3 h 59 m in the video

Difference - 1 h 55 m

can we stop this "oh he only got 1 hour" horse shit.. its already been proven in another thread to be totally wrong

credit @defcon5 who originally pointed this out

except its already been shown that there was 1h55 minutes between his first weight miss and his second weigh in..

Is that why his manager was saying "all he needed was another 5 minutes"?

But commissions always give more chances...If the policy was 1 time try, then yes you would be right, but that isn't their policy.

So no, commissions can't just take shit back like fucking kings/queens...There should be guidelines and standards.

Haha.

There is worse going on in the world.

Trump can cite security concerns to destroy steel imports from NATO countries when the US military producers import 3% of steel. Meanwhile the US has sabotaged the World Trade Organisation’s complaints process against this by deliberately not nominating officials.

Guidelines and standards.

the weigh-ins were filmed and are on youtube. you can see exactly what time he weighed in each time

there was 1 hour and 55 minutes between his first and second weigh ins
I guess Romero rounded it down to 1 hour. That is where that 5 min number came from.

So Romero was just 1 pound over and given 2 hours to make the weight, but then the commission said "hold up" after only 1 hour? That's some BS. At that point he was only .2 over the weight and had an additional hour to lose that small amount. He was clearly on his way to making the weight. NOW I don't think the hatred towards Romero is warranted. I can understand the disgust if he came in several pounds over, but not just one pound and then was clearly on his way to making the weight with the allotted extra time given.
Good. They need to put an end to this unprofessional bullshit. He shouldn’t get an extra hour even. He had over a month to lose weight. This is getting ridiculous and embarrassing.

He's either in too poor of health to take the fight, or he just doesn't want to take a non-title fight.

It's his fault he's not eligible for the title. Don't see him having much leverage in this situation.

Damn, those crazy Cubans got some balls on them.

Is that why his manager was saying "all he needed was another 5 minutes"?

while saying he only got an hour while timestamped videos clearly show it was 2 hours.

You know, Yoel's million dollar smile never fails to surprise me. Usually he's puckered like a sphincter beneath the summer sun but look how merry that smile makes him.

Too bad they don't have another middleweight to step up on the card...

... except maybe Rashad Evans?
If Rashad fucked my wife, I still wouldn't want to watch him take that ass whipping. ;)

Romero is right...Fuck Bureaucracy...He left Cuba because Bureaucracy!

He was promised an extra hour...then he gets nothing...Fuck that......Commissions shouldn't be able to do bullshit like that.

Romero is standing up for the common mans right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Governments shouldn't do random shit like this and fuck over people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe he should just move his big ass, no gay jesus, up a weight class

Alright, but he didn't...Then he was promised more time and they took back their word...Fuck that shit....that isn't right.

For all we know, this commission made a bet on Yoel not making weight and that's why they didn't allow him more time.
I dont know how you understand this. Obviously the commission took one look at him and said fuck this, he on deaths door, this isnt worth litigation. Told him no more cutting.

Doesn't add up. If he looked fine and was ok to cut the remaining 0.2, then there is no reason for him not to take the fight.

Maybe he is trying to get it rescheduled, but wonder Dana will feel about that and fucking all the fans over. Not like it's the first time though.
What doesn't add up? To me it makes perfect sense. Him and his camp are obviously super pissed about losing out on the title fight as well as a shit ton of money because they were robbed of the opportunity it to cut .2lbs. I'm sure there's a lot of negotiating at this stage. But yea it completely adds up

Back